Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Fields of Fire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Enemy offensive activity check - infiltrate towards nearest US unit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Radic
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello all,

On the enemy offensive activity check hierarchy, is "infiltrate towards closest US unit" an attempt to infiltrate, or is it automatically successful? I would assume it is successful as it does not appear on the chart as "attempt to infiltrate" (like "attempt to make a grenade attack", or "attempt to concentrate fire", for example), but I just wanted to confirm. Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like you're correct ... if it doesn't say "attempt" I'd consider it successful automatically.

On the other hand, it may be yet another case where a word is missing or the intent isn't clear in the rules. That seems to give the enemy a big advantage, and why wouldn't you roll for an attempt? I seem to recall a ruling on this issue once that stated it is an attempt (some of the Normandy mission packages have an enemy attempting to infiltrate an adjacent card).

Curious what others think and rememeber.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
it is an attempt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
benhull wrote:
it is an attempt

Sniped by Ben!

I was just going to post that on the Enemy Activity Check Hierarchies table is defines Infiltrate as: "Have a unit Attempt to Infiltrate if the conditions are met. If they are not, have it Advance Straight Ahead."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Radic
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks to both of you, Ben and David, for clearing that up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.