Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Fonck
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was cleaning up my game storage room this weekend and found my collection of Dune CCG. I have about a little under 3200 cards in my collection. So I get on eBay just to see what was for sale and there was not much out there. Bbt I come across two postings that caught my eye. The one was for the Lady Jessica that was $90 and the other was for this guild lady that was going for $150. So looked at my collection and I have one of the Jessica and FOUR of the other card. Sorry can't think of the name right now.

My question is could that possibly be right at all? $150 for a card? Wow if it true. I understand this is a rare CCG and that even the Preview cards went pretty high back in the day.

Any insights people? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't surprise me. A popular license, a CCG released during the big glut of them so it didn't last long, and likely wasn't printed in massive numbers.

You'd need to find the right buyer, but that's what great about eBay. Find the right buyer and yep, that looks like what they're going for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the sold listings, some of the prices asked are a bit inflated. I've bought a few copies of Lady Jessica for £20-£25 each on ebay in the last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Fonck
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card selling for $150 is Liscia Theirese.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baneslader wrote:
The card selling for $150 is Liscia Theirese.

You can buy a full set for double this price - no need to pay so much for single cards http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331258634587?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Item above sold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
↓ first, last name ↓
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I have those cards, too. And I still play the game occasionally. I wouldn't pay that much for those cards, even if I didn't have them and had the money. But it doesn't surprise me that *someone* would pay that much.

BTW, there are two different Lady Jessica cards. One from the original "Eye of the Storm" set, and one from the "Thunder at Twilight" expansion. One of them reduces force applied by Jessica's Weirding rank, and the other can counter any rite except battle.*

*I don't remember which is which, and I'm going solely from memory, so I could be slightly wrong. But I do know for a fact that there are two different Jessica's. There are also two different cards for all the Atreides, Harkonnen, and Corrino allies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Prices asked on eBay or Amazon are worthless as value indicators. Only completed prices mean anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Bolton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Here's a lot including liscia that sold for a lot:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

I've seen them sell for a lot less though. I need to get around to selling my near complete set before you flood the market with your 4x Liscia Therese's

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.