Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Watson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I've been enjoying Marvel Dice Masters with a starter set and some booster characters, but I've found myself hankering for more of the starter character dice, two for each character to be exact. Is there any (and the next word is crucial here) cheap way of acquiring the respective dice (I don't care about the fourth card for each)? I can't find anyone selling any. I've done OK out of getting single cards (and dice with them) from Coolstuffinc, as their shipping to the UK isn't too bad, but no sign of starter hero dice. Any ideas?

I've toyed with the idea of getting another starter pack (when they're back in stock) and selling the duplicates (cards and white dice), but didn't know if anyone would actually be interested in that.

Thanks,

Jon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Buy another Starter (difficult)

2. Buy more packs/a gravity feed (difficult and not cheap)

3. Buy singles with dice (this was my method after buying my fill of boosters)

4. Find someone willing to trade starter character dice. These are the harder to find dice at the moment, so even trades can be difficult.

I suggest looking here - Marvel Dice Masters Trade Geeklist

and here

Mahasamatman trading site for Dice Masters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Tedford
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check Ebay, people are selling dice only on there, and sometimes for very cheap. Otherwise waiting until you can get your hands on a second starter might be the way to go. And I think you can sell your extra sidekick and starter dice, probably won't make a ton of money off of it, but you should be able to find people who bought into gravity feeds only that would be interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Skinner
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Zacrulo wrote:
Check Ebay, people are selling dice only on there, and sometimes for very cheap. Otherwise waiting until you can get your hands on a second starter might be the way to go. And I think you can sell your extra sidekick and starter dice, probably won't make a ton of money off of it, but you should be able to find people who bought into gravity feeds only that would be interested.

If there are any out there, I'm in that exact situation. Starter set minus the character dice looking for a good home. PM me if you're interested. See my Geeklist for trade possibilities. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/172652/item/3198079#it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Watson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
1. Buy another Starter (difficult)

2. Buy more packs/a gravity feed (difficult and not cheap)

3. Buy singles with dice (this was my method after buying my fill of boosters)

4. Find someone willing to trade starter character dice. These are the harder to find dice at the moment, so even trades can be difficult.

I suggest looking here - Marvel Dice Masters Trade Geeklist

and here

Mahasamatman trading site for Dice Masters

Thanks for the suggestions. Another starter seems the best at the moment. Trading would be a good idea, but looking at the geeklist, it's very difficult to find any UK traders and none offering starter hero dice. Great for you US folk though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
It never hurts to post your for trade items. Say that "you are seeking UK traders only" and see what happens.

Your post might draw more out of the woodwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Watson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True. Don't fancy my chances, but nothing ventured and all that.

Still hoping for the wonder solution coming up this thread though... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why many people buy two starters. You probably want more Beast, Storm, and Human Torch dice and unless you get really lucky on booster packs it is the easiest way to get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest even with the shortage a second starter is still the easiest and cheapest way to get all the exra starter character dice. Single dice of those characters are less frequent in gravity feeds than the others (like 1 die of every starter character per feed) making them harder to find on the single market and more expensive. I made some number crunching and buying those as singles will cost you more than buying a starter at current prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.