Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think my family (and friends possibly) might get a kick out of this game despite it's reputation. For those of you that have tried the new version, would you recommend it?

Better yet, if you've tried both versions which do you prefer and why?

I get the sense the old version may actually the racier one but since I mainly want this as a family game that may not be a big selling point to me. I can always play Cards Against Humanity if I want something edgy. That said, I want to make sure whatever version I get it is still likely to spark interesting and funny conversations when choices are revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both. I love the original as I've had it for over 20 years. It has 6 voting boxes so it allows for more action from everyone. The new version has only 1 box so I don't find it as fun. I haven't even bothered playing it for that reason.

There are some cards in the original like "whose body would you most easily recognize in the dark?"

But I would say most cards are family friendly.

When any have asked I have always encouraged buying the original over the new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vieje Piauwasdy
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
The original version had wittier and IMO, better questions. With that said, the newer version really didn't live up to its billing. It prompted me and my friends to create a more modern version that brought the wit of the original version but with a more clever voting mechanism.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/167941/intervention

We're on Kickstarter right now if you'd like to check us out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/weekendwarriors/interve...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.