Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Gray
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I received my copy of Stack & Attack a few days ago.
The print quality is good and the cards look great.
The two tuck boxes were stuck together but I was able to separate them and get them glued together properly, I’m not sure why two tuck boxes as all cards fit into just one.
I have not had a chance to play the game yet so I can’t speak of how the game plays.
My problem with the game is the size of the box
It is huge, 10x10x2.75. This is a small card game which could easily fit into a box the size of Guillotine 5x7x1.
So you have a tiny little game in a huge box to take up room on a lot of extra room on a game shelf.
I’ll bet the box size was decided by Game Salute and not the designers. My guess is that it is the same size box as several other games that Game Salute has in production and they got a better deal to just buy more of that size or Game Salute thought it would look more impressive on a game store shelf and sell more copies in a big box.
From my prospective it’s just a waste of material and more importantly my shelf space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Burnham
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gary, thanks for the feedback! You are absolutely right. The box size that we used for our beta print run (review copies prior to the Kickstarter) was 8.5 x 6.5 x 1.5, about the same as Bohnanza and Munchkin. This box size was a great fit because the scoring tracks are a bit bigger than regular cards. After the Kickstarter Game Salute recommended that I switch to a larger box to help retail sales. However, if enough backers show displeasure in this box size I'll be sure to use smaller boxes for future games. Thanks again!

Jeremy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.