Subject: midnight rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kenny claus
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,

Lastnight I played a midnight session and most of the rules are very clear but one thing isn't explaint well.What happens to a hero when he is knocked out by a red challenge in a stronghold(does he stay in that stronghold?) and in that case what happens to that red challenge? Discard it and draw an new one the next time they attack that stronghold or remains it in the stronghold and discard all it's damage?

thanx,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, the rules aren't clear on this topic at all... For me, I would treat it as with other knockouts.. i.e. discard the red card to the bottom of the adventure deck and next time you attack, draw a fresh one...

Of course this would not be appropriate if multiple heroes are attacking the same stronghold... in which case just continue with the remaining heroes until the challenge is defeated OR all heroes have been knocked out or fled.

Sorry I don't have a proper answer for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Stenström
Finland
Siuntio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also been wondering about this question. There is not a word in the rules about what happens if one or more heroes are knocked out when facing red challenges.

Apart from the things already mentioned, the rules state that "each hero who participated in the combat gains 4 experience points". If you follow this rule, also heroes who get knocked out would gain experience, which sounds really strange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blue_rose wrote:
Apart from the things already mentioned, the rules state that "each hero who participated in the combat gains 4 experience points". If you follow this rule, also heroes who get knocked out would gain experience, which sounds really strange.

My interpretation of that is that they wanted to specify that you get 4 XP even though you never hit the bad guy even once. If you survive, you're good.

Yes, I say "if you survive" because I think that the "no reward if knocked out" principle supercedes the rule point above. But I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hoffman
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play with original second edition Runebound rules. Midnight rules lists all the exceptions. If Midnight does not rule on something, default to vanilla Runebound.

So, if a Hero is knocked out, he or she is returned to the nearest town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.