Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy W
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A recent post said games were expected to be shipped starting mid-July. (Edit: shipped to the KS backers, to clarify.) Any word on how things are going? This would also be great info for the TMG site whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True - would love to have it before WBC. I was hoping to get a game or two in when I was there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Keller
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It was stuck in customs in Savannah until last week. I don't know what that translates to in exact dates for delivery, but I'm certainly hoping some people will be able to take it with them to WBC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Keller
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like it will be shipping right when WBC ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rellekmr wrote:
It looks like it will be shipping right when WBC ends.

I just saw that today through the update. soblue

There's still time for you to put off whatever work you have to do next week and come to WBC to show it off. Just sayin'. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Keller
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha. I think that doing WBC and GenCon back-to-back might be enough to kill me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rellekmr wrote:
Haha. I think that doing WBC and GenCon back-to-back might be enough to kill me.

One of my WBC buddies does that back-to-back. The key is to not sleep, ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Michael,

If I haven't received my kickstarted copy yet .. should I be worried?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy W
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes--more updates on this would be fantastic. I know Gen Con is going on, but a quick note just takes a sec...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VanVeen wrote:
Yes--more updates on this would be fantastic. I know Gen Con is going on, but a quick note just takes a sec...

Well, it just takes a sec... and an internet connection.

After 14 hour days and very little food and sleep, I for one am happy to be home! Maybe now I'll have time to play a game

Chris is still in Ohio visiting family post GenCon, but I would expect updates from him as soon as he gets back.

- Seth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The last update said shipment were going out early august ... We're in late august so I didn't want to worry, but wanted to know if I should.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Geller
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even with only around 700 backers, people will post both here and on KS when the games start arriving. You don't have to worry yet that your order is lost.

I don't know what it is about these fulfillment houses, but it seems that you need to take their estimates with a grain of salt. I guess they do all the rush orders and priority shipments before they get around to these kinds of orders. They told Chris they were sending some games out on the 8th and the rest on the 11th. That obviously didn't happen. Eventually he'll find out whether we've been delayed a week, two weeks, or whatever.

I hope people won't get too down on TMG over this--fulfillment is out of their hands. It's frustrating, but short of paying for expedited shipping and passing the cost on to us, there's nothing much they can do. It's kind of a no-win situation for them. If they pass on the information they receive and the fulfillment house doesn't live up to it, they get blamed for the delay. If they don't pass on the information, they get blamed for poor communication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I'm not getting down on anyone just yet. This is my first kickstarted game that funded and I'm a newb. I think TMG is a solid company and I've been very pleased with their communications (as well as Michael's here and on Twitter) about City Hall.

I'm more amped to get my copy so I can play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy W
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigtaulefty wrote:

I'm more amped to get my copy so I can play.

QFT

A lot of these threads degenerate into blaming and panic--NOT my intention here. TMG has always done very well by me. Just sayin'...whereisitwhereisitwhereisit WANT IT

Shmello50's point about fulfillment (Amazon in this case IIRC) is also well-taken. Ironically it's the last week or two that's soooo harrrd to wait...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Geller
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shmello50 wrote:
Even with only around 700 backers, people will post both here and on KS when the games start arriving. You don't have to worry yet that your order is lost.

I don't know what it is about these fulfillment houses, but it seems that you need to take their estimates with a grain of salt. I guess they do all the rush orders and priority shipments before they get around to these kinds of orders. They told Chris they were sending some games out on the 8th and the rest on the 11th. That obviously didn't happen. Eventually he'll find out whether we've been delayed a week, two weeks, or whatever.

I hope people won't get too down on TMG over this--fulfillment is out of their hands. It's frustrating, but short of paying for expedited shipping and passing the cost on to us, there's nothing much they can do. It's kind of a no-win situation for them. If they pass on the information they receive and the fulfillment house doesn't live up to it, they get blamed for the delay. If they don't pass on the information, they get blamed for poor communication.

There is a brief update on the KS comment thread. Ironically, it looks like TMG did actually make a mistake which delayed the games. Apparently, the shipping file they submitted to Amazon has an error. So now instead of "it's out of their hands" it is actually an "everybody makes mistakes" moment. They are working with Amazon to resolve the error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy W
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Link? Can't find it via KS search and I don't think I got that update

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VanVeen wrote:
Link? Can't find it via KS search and I don't think I got that update

link here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Geller
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received my shipping notice this afternoon. UPS delivery, pick up 8-25, expected delivery Sacramento 9-3.

Time to re-read the rules and get ready!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shmello50 wrote:
Received my shipping notice this afternoon. UPS delivery, pick up 8-25, expected delivery Sacramento 9-3.

Time to re-read the rules and get ready!

Got my email today ... pretty excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy W
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaand...DELIVERED! Looks great so far!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Keller
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Lemme know how your first game goes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.