Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
paul virgo
United Kingdom
brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Yedo 3 times now 3,4 and 5 player and I really enjoy it, my only problem is that bonus cards are a bit hard to get your hands on. by the time you get one in a 5 player game you could be on the 5th round and I was thinking about giving each player 2 at the start of the game this way each player would have a goal and strategy to work from at the start... what do people think or has any one tried this....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gee
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally wouldn't care for it since it reduces the power of picking the privilege card with the bonus card on it.

I feel that the bonus cards should be something that you have to fight for. But as the designers have said, play the game the way you want and enjoy the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cgee3 wrote:
I personally wouldn't care for it since it reduces the power of picking the privilege card with the bonus card on it.

I feel that the bonus cards should be something that you have to fight for. But as the designers have said, play the game the way you want and enjoy the best.

Agreed. I was initially thinking I would like to have an idea what my long-term goal(s) should be and it might be nice to have the bonus cards in the beginning. I think players will learn the value of buying them early the more games they play. My new strategy is to grab the privilege card to get one for "free" then looking for a second early in order to realize the direction of my disciples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
crysknife wrote:
cgee3 wrote:

Agreed. I was initially thinking I would like to have an idea what my long-term goal(s) should be and it might be nice to have the bonus cards in the beginning. I think players will learn the value of buying them early the more games they play. My new strategy is to grab the privilege card to get one for "free" then looking for a second early in order to realize the direction of my disciples.

Whereas I usually do the opposite - wait until the last few rounds to bid on White (at least twice), draw 3 goals cards each time and hope to find one that matches well with what I've accumulated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.