Subject: Does the LARP chamber make the Dog School good? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
So I tried out the new LARP chamber today in a solo game. It was the first thing I put into my cave at the beginning of the game. I found that with that special Level 1 weapon that can't be upgraded, whenever I took an action that allows you to also go on an expedition (like grabbing wood or building an Ore Mine), I tended to go with the option of getting a dog (for the VP) over getting a wood or upgrading other weapons. (I had no other weapons, so really it was a choice between wood or a dog.)

I ended the game with 9 dogs, more than I've ever had before. It made me wish that I had also had a Dog School built early on.

Does the LARP chamber make the Dog School good? It's plain to me that it makes it better than before, but does it make it a worthwhile addition to your cave?

On an unrelated note, the experience also got me thinking about possible future expansion tiles aimed at making dogs better: a tile that allows you to breed dogs, for example, or a tile that gives you an extra VP for each dog.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baumgarten
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First time I saw the LARP chamber, I immediately wanted to try dog school with it. I haven't had the chance to play since we received the LARP chamber yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Delmeby
Sweden
Bromma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's interesting. I suspect there would be other more "optimal" strategies to pursue, but it sounds like a neat combo. Creative thinking like this is what makes Caverna fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Venables
msg tools
New LARP Chamber? Whats that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Caverna: LARP and Cosplay Postcard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.