Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In playing the game I found some things that could be easily corrected in future print runs, that were just frustrating about how this game was printed.

1. Print the all the information currnently on the right side of the cards, on the cards down the left side of the cards instead. I don't know how it's done elsewhere in the world, but it's standard in the US to fan your cards so the left edges are visible, not the right edges of the cards. This was frustrating, constantly having to look at each card in your hand, or trying to adapt and fan them, what to me is, backwards.

Side note here, it would be nice if this was done, you'd offer replacement decks at a reasonable cost

2. Alternate shading on the track sections so it makes them easier to count sections when moving. A slightly darker / lighter alternating shading in each section of the track would make moving so much faster and easier.

We got to the point where we'd have someone put their finger on the track where you started your movement so we could double check our counts. As we were moving it, we found it was easy to lose track of how many sections you'd actually counted out, because you were having to look closely at the track while counting, slowing down the turns.

Great game otherwise! I've been hoping a good racing simulation game would come out, and it finally has.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused on #2. you count spaces as you move, whats confusing about that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Block
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I don't think the second suggestion that important, I also was very surprised by the layout of the cards considering that all the information is on the right. It needs a lot of sorting back and forth to keep track of all the specials & damage points on the cards. Is there some reason for that, we don't realize?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
I'm confused on #2. you count spaces as you move, whats confusing about that?

It's not the counting that's the problem, it's seeing the spaces clearly and quickly.

The spaces aren't all the same length so it makes counting them out slower than it needs to be and that some are packed with cars makes it a little hard to keep track of what is and is not a space. Maybe with more play throughs it won't slow the game down that much. It would just be nice to be able to see the spaces a little more clearly is all.

We just found it to be slow, and thought the shading might help speed up the counting process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you about the card layout. It would be much easier if information was along the left edge just like regular playing cards.

I don't have any trouble with the track sections except for one case: Monza's corner 1 where white skid lines cross the road. I have caught myself a couple times there. Personally, I wouldn't like section shading because for me it could ruin the feeling of a race track and make it more like a game board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
well since I mostly play with 2 left handed people, they are very happy with the layout
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I hold my cards so I can see the info on the right side of the cards, so I want all the info there.
But the way I play my cards, is like this: how far do I want to go? 3, 4 or 5 spaces? What cards with enough Mp do I have for this? Do I have a Track card I can use? So I pick the two best cards with the less damage/tires and play them.
Use a cardholder which is long enough for you to see the info on both sides.

2) The spaces/areas/zones (what ever) are so big that you can't have trouble counting them! If you do have trouble counting them, do like they did with Formula Dé - write small numbers next to the spaces, 1, 2, 3 and so on!

I think you are making a fuzz over nothing! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I second Murr's point above about it being difficult sometimes to count the spaces on the track. I'd say a factor here is that the rather fine white lines that separate the sections from one another can get mixed up with other markings, in particular the white spin-out markings. I think the 1st corner of Monza is particularly difficult here. The white lines sometimes drown out in amongst everything else.

With new tracks coming out soon with the expansion it might be a good idea to pay attention to this point. True, Rene, this is not like a major inconvenience but a little annoyance that could be easily remedied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.