'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

So, how do you report an image that was wrongly approved for a game's gallery?

There are ways to move images around in a games gallery, but what about an image that was uploaded and blindly approved by the GG-Seeking masses, even though it has nothing to do with the game in question?

For instance, this image: http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1497422

It is an image uploaded by a user who created their own custom game. Other than the theme, it is completely un-related to the game it was uploaded to. It likely should have been "unpublished prototype" or something.

It would be like someone uploading a picture of prototype copies of (example) Yardmaster Express before it actually had its own BGG page, into the gallery for Ticket to Ride just because both share a theme of "Trains"

So yea, how does this (and other similar images) get identified by those more familiar with the game and moved to a more appropriate place (Unpublished Prototype?)

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
mbmbmbmbmb
submit a correction to the game entry in question

provide a LINK to the image

provide a LINK to the proper game entry

admins with image powers can move the image to the proper entry
the links are needed to properly move the image to the proper entry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stargate wrote:
submit a correction to the game entry in question
Hint: there is a link in the top right corner of each game's main page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*sigh* I've become a bit disillusioned with GeekMod lately. For example, I accidentally uploaded a few images twice yesterday, far enough apart that the first time had been approved and was showing up. I realised my mistake, but thought, "Hey, there are only four images in the gallery. Surely GeekMod will just decline them, and it'll be fine." But nope, they got approved. I don't have a solution, unfortunately. I pay attention and do the best I can when I GeekMod, and that's all I can do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
At least you'll be able to delete your own picture if you make a duplicate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
At least you'll be able to delete your own picture if you make a duplicate.

And I did so. But I can't expect other people to be as diligent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
Geekmailing indigopotter with geekimage inserts of the images and where they should go also works, because she always needs more work.

Some people try to flag images in wrong places by submitting image links (i.e. not the type Bob was talking about) to where they think they should go. This is not the correct solution and just creates superfluous links.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.