Popular Tags: [View All]
Vince Alvarez
China
Tracy
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4933

As many suspected it is the Alt-Art Noise that has featured prominently at other National championships. Interesting to note is that FFG is giving away a second copy of the Noise card as a completion prize.

I hear that there were problems last year with people taking the participation prize and leaving, do you think a second copy will help people stay through the Swiss rounds?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll see...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since they're going for between 100 and 200 dollars on ebay, I suspect it will. It'll also, hopefully, suppress the price a little bit (so I can get one, maybe).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is surprising, since you can prevent the joining but not staying until the end by simply giving the prizes at the end of the tournament

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Nagy
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
heyvince wrote:
Interesting to note is that FFG is giving away a second copy of the Noise card as a completion prize.

I hear that there were problems last year with people taking the participation prize and leaving, do you think a second copy will help people stay through the Swiss rounds?

Two big differences:
- More players participate this year, and more Nationals are held this year. SO more cards are going into circulation
- You only need 1 Noise. PSF everyone could need 3 of.

Therefor I don't see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
im surprised the trophy says north american champion, when theres a separate nationals for canada...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone who was planning to register for the tournament, get their card, and drop out already did so months ago long before this announcement. They will probably still do the same thing. Staying in for the extra card is likely not an option for them as they most likely already have another event booked.

But next year we may see the effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Egan
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Seems odd that Netrunner would get less in the way of playmats compared to SW or AGoT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ScottieATF wrote:
Seems odd that Netrunner would get less in the way of playmats compared to SW or AGoT.

As was explained in another thread, it has more to do with the tournament structure than anything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.