Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4933

According to FFG's website:
Quote:
X-Wing™ National Championship Prizes

Champion: The winner receives a North American Championship trophy and a first-round bye at the 2014 Star Wars: The Card Game World Championship.

Top Two: The top two players each receive one backpack with Star Wars: The Card Game art.

Top Eight: The top eight players each receive one North American Championship playmat.

Top Sixty-Four: The top sixty-four players each receive one set of acrylic target lock tokens.

All Participants: Each player receives one alternate art Chewbacca pilot card.

Completion Prize: Each player who plays all rounds of the tournament will receive a second copy of the alternate art Chewbacca pilot card.

Note: All participation and completion prizes will be awarded to players during the Thursday and Friday flights. All other prizes will be awarded to players that make the final rounds on Saturday.

Sounds good to me. One question: why do you think they are giving away completion prizes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just realized they have an error in the listing. I'm hoping they mean that the winner gets a bye to the X-Wing World Tournament and not the Star Wars Card game tournament.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kamekkusu wrote:
Just realized they have an error in the listing. I'm hoping they mean that the winner gets a bye to the X-Wing World Tournament and not the Star Wars Card game tournament.

Looks like they fixed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Test Candidate (sans Deadly Neurotoxin)
badge
Warming up the deadly neurotoxin...
mbmbmbmbmb
kamekkusu wrote:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4933
One question: why do you think they are giving away completion prizes?

One of the big problems with the Swiss style scoring is when people drop early. By giving out a completion card they motivate people to play all the rounds. They do that at tournaments in MN all the time. Even worlds 2013 had two Boba Fett cards for every player that completed the seeding rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
kamekkusu wrote:

Looks like they fixed it.

Except it still says "playmat" where I think they mean "acrylic maneuver and range templates" based on what's pictured.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.