Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ogres ability allows them to "push back" figures next to an Ogre figure when activating it. It says if a figure "cannot" be pushed back, it's knocked over.

My question is this:

The rulebook says that when a figure is pushed back after an unsuccessful tackle attempt, if it can be pushed into an obstacle, it's automatically knocked down.

Does the push back from the Ogre team function in exactly the same way? It says, if a figure CANNOT be pushed back to an empty space, so does this mean that if an Ogre player has the option, they must choose a legal space to push the figure? Or does the Ogre push back push figures directly away from the Activated Ogre?

Also, perhaps I'm reading the original tackle rules incorrectly. In any case, I'd love some clarification and haven't found any with either the FAQ or on BGG.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we covered this on the CMON forums. I don't have the link handy but check there and once I find the link I will edit this post. (On vacation right now so I didn't bring all the tech or games with me)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ogres Stomp pushes the Opposing figure "away" from the Ogre. It does not function like a failed tackle where the figure can move to any free adjacent spot. I know they both use the term "push", and I have brought that up in these forums before, but they are confirmed to be different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.