Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Canberra: Mayday sleeves group order... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday Games is having a card-sleeve sale: buy four of any one type and get one free; free worldwide shipping on orders over USD40; and a free copy of King's Vineyard on orders over USD50. Since I have recently acquired (or will soon get!) a few "weird size" card games, I find myself tempted...

The ones I'm looking at are:

Yucatan Narrow, 54mm x 80mm, for Kremlin (supposedly "a tad loose" according to a recent thread, as the cards are about 52x77, but better than anything else available). These are USD2.25 per pack of 100. The game has 190-odd cards, so at least two packs needed to sleeve the whole game (and I'd advise an extra, since I've had a failure rate worse than 5% with Mayday sleeves...they ain't Ansell, that's for sure...);

Small Square, 70mm x 70mm, for Yardmaster Express, USD2.25 per pack of 100. One pack should be plenty (60-odd cards per game). Note, however, that this is "untested": since the game hasn't shipped yet, we'd be betting on them fitting. But it's not a high-stakes bet.

There are other sleeve sizes in stock, including standard ones. I want to avoid making an order than has out-of-stock/pre-order sizes, though, since their policy is "we take your money, then we ship everything once everything is available". From past experience, that could take a while... You can check out their offerings at http://maydaygames.com/card-sleeves.html.

If we get to USD50, we can work out what to do with the free game. If someone's really keen on it, they might make a contribution to the total (e.g. to get us to USD50!); otherwise, donate it to GLOG?

Anyway, speak up if you want in, and what you're after, and we'll see if we have enough to make it worthwhile!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gilbert
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads-up David!

As a compulsive sleever I am likely to be able to hit $40 on my own, but I will keep an eye on your thread in case you need a nudge to get over the line. When are you planning to place the order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish Mayday put a "sale runs until..." date, but they haven't. Given the advertising, I'd guess it runs until at least 24th July, and maybe for a week after that; but sensible says, place an order in the next couple of days.

If you're going to order a stack, maybe I & others should piggyback on yours? Personally, I'd be after three packs of the Yucatan Narrow's, and one pack of the Small Square's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gilbert
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no problems with piggybacks. The only caveat is that I am thinking of ordering a few sleeves that are not currently in stock, so this may delay things a week or two (going by their panda alerts). I am happy to wait, maybe others are not.

How about people post their requirements (both sleeves and level of impatience) and we can work out what works out best.

I agree getting an order in by the 24th would be prudent.

(Sorry to hijack your thread, David)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a hijack, it's a piggyback :-)

I'm in no huge rush, but I also have niggling doubts about Mayday's re-stock time. Sort of like sustainable nuclear fusion, it's always going to be available "next week"...

If you're going to (pre-)order any of the "Police Precinct" (63.5 x 92), or "Tiny Epic Kingdom" (55 x 125), I'd go for a pack of each of those two, if it isn't going to hold up your own order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gilbert
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like it is going to be simpler than I thought. I intend to place an order tomorrow (24th), so if anyone else wants in, speak up, otherwise it is just you and me Dave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries.

Are we in a position to take advantage of the "buy-4-get-1-free" on any of the sleeve-types? If we're close, let me know: I might add a pack or two of what I'm after, or of something random, just to add to "reserve stock".

While I'm at it: to what I listed above, please add one pack of "Medium Square" (80 x 80; USD2.50) for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gilbert
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Order placed.

I got everything on your shopping list David, except the Police Precinct sleeves which the website wouldn't let me order (perhaps because their production has not been scheduled yet?).

There were a few freebies in there, I pushed some of the more common sizes out to 4 (including the yucatan's), but I didn't bother with the square sleeves as they will just sit in my box.

The TEK sleeves (I got some too, so don't feel guilty) will probably hold the order up the most - I'll let you know if/when I get an update on their dispatch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.