MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
If you roll a turnover on the Highlights die after receiving a pass from the Wing, where should the opponent take over, Defense die or Wing die? We played as Defense die since the Highlights die appears to represent plays that are deep in the attack zone.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamish Sterling
Australia
Cairns
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Firstly - I'm glad you're getting into the game and have these questions

Strictly speaking, the turnover would happen on the WING. The Tackle (T) that prevents the CROSS from leaving the WINGer's boot, or a late-ish call by the sideline ref for the OFFSIDE (T) as he was breaking ahead prior to the pass that got to him....

The latter (OFFSIDE) could be deemed a turnover to the DEFENCE, like you've been playing.

The important thing is to make the game work with you. If you can split hairs and say - Tackle = turnover on the Wing and Offside = turnover on the Def.....then rock n roll!

How would you feel about taking a photo of your guys playing Pocket Football in action and posting? It be great to see some US fans getting into it!

Cheers!
Hamish
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a thought. I had a fun game with my son today. He had just gotten and was wearing his Colombia "James" jersey and I had an Italy rugby t-shirt. So, we played a Colombia-Italy match up. Italy scored first off of a free kick with Immobile putting it away from a rebound from the goalie after super Mario hit a bicycle kick. I thought I had it but James Rodriguez almost from the middle of the field and Teil Gutierrez scored in succession securing Colombia the win from behind.

I find this game very enjoyable. I feel like I am listening a match on the radio when I am playing it. You don't know where he ball is exactly until the die shows a result. Lots of surprises.

Thanks for the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.