Subject: Query about Sequence Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Des Becker
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I would like to know what happens if you flip open a Sequence Card and that Card is of a colour of an eradicated disease (for example, yellow is eradicated and you open a yellow sequence card). In such a instance, do you use this yellow sequence card as any other card (using it as a red cure card for instance, instead of yellow), or do you discard the card and draw a new one?

My guess that it is the first one where you use the yellow card as any other card, but would like to confirm. Thanks!

Note: I do know that 'spots of a eradicated disease can be filled by any other colour' - but would like to know if this applies to the card itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you do neither and proceed with what you'd normally do with a sequence card that hasn't been cured/eradicated as an exception is not stated in the rules. In other words, this card is useless and you'd need to spend another "sequence a disease" action to get something useful.

Not explicitly stated in the rules, but implied by the sidebar to "Sequence a Disease".

It allows players to open the 2nd research line, replace Sequence cards for already cured diseases with new ones, or find more efficient Sequence cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Becker
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. I think you may be right - I was confused between "replace Sequence cards for already cured diseases with new ones" and "spots of eradicated diseases can be replaced with any colour". It makes more sense to follow your interpretation though, now that you explained it. I do feel that adding the word 'eradicated' into the rulebook would be much clearer i.e. "replace Sequence cards for already cured or eradicated diseases with new ones", or maybe it is just me and my poor English. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.