Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb

Played my first game of The South Shall Rise Again, another delightful game from VPG I picked up on the weekend.

Squad:

- Private Pickett with a Bridesburg rifle, Bushwacker skill and Rapid Fire as his Heroic Action.

- Private Williams with a Springfield rifle, Skinny skill and Skedaddle as his Heroic Action.

===========================================

Guarding the road outside of town, Pickett and Williams found themselves facing an onslaught of the undead

Firing off their rifles, Pickett wounded a Zeb and Williams wounded an approaching Revenant, stunning it.

As the undead approached, Pickett took a shot with his pistol (no time to reload his rifle) and stunned the already wounded Zeb. Williams hopped the fence in an attempt to gain some cover from the approaching Revenants.

Pickett found himself in hand to hand combat with a Revenant. The fast moving undead grappled him against the fence as the slower moving Zebs began to mass at the fence behind him.

Williams ran along the fence to join his comrade, but it was too late.

Pickett, unable to move, received a mortal injury, but heroically fired off a number of pistol rounds before he succumbed, killing a Zeb and stunning two others.

Private Williams, in a heroic burst of speed, ran ahead of the approaching horde. He fired off a pistol shot as he ran, but missed.

Private Williams continued to run from the undead masses, hoping to gain a safe distance and reload his Springfield.

Realizing that he was not going to have time to reload his rifle, Williams took a shot with his pistol, killing a wounded Zeb. Slowing down to take a shot proved to be a mistake, as the undead caught up to him. The Revenant at the front of the crowd grappled Williams, pulling him to a dead halt.

As the remaining Revenants surrounded Williams, he broke free of the first zombie, wounding it in the process. It was too late though, the remaining Revenants, with the Zebs close behind, grabbed Williams and made a final meal of him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Welch
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is GREAT! Thanks for posting it and I hope you get a win soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
professorwelch wrote:
This is GREAT! Thanks for posting it and I hope you get a win soon

No problem, and thanks for a great game John! I also posted in SGOYT. I have another session to post tonight. Got a 5VP "victory" this time.

Looking forward to digging in to the strategy necessary to win this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.