Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Layman
United States
Davidson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it's been a few yrs since i played and i just picked up the 1 player walkthru again to re-familiarize.. i'm having trouble understanding why the DR wouldnt use the Anatasia event in section 3(pg 18).. it says the event text prevents the DR non player from triggering the event.. why? i know it hurts the syndicate but i thought non players can hurt other non players, so long as there is an effect.
thx for any help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

Not entirely sure what your question is.

If you wonder what in the rules it is that makes the DR ignore the event, note that the playbook says "the Event Instructions" (found below the DRbot flowchart on the NP foldout) rather than "the event text" (found on the event card).

If OTOH you're asking why we made DRbot ignore that particular event, the bots in general and DRbot+MobBot in particular are geared towards causing problems for the player(s) - preferrably by winning, but barring that by blocking the player faction(s) rather than other bots. The CL bots were designed assuming that the first two player factions to be picked would always be M26 and the Government (in any order) since that's what rule 1.5 says, so messing with the Syndicate (which is likely to be a bot too) is very low on DRbot's priority list. DRbot also needs to build up its own position in order to pose a threat to the players, and to do that it needs to take Ops if the event doesn't directly benefit DR or hurts a player faction.

Regards, Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Layman
United States
Davidson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the reply.. i didn't see the halo around the faction on the card so assumed there was no special event instructions on the DR bot flowchart. those halos are difficult to see with my old eyes! thanks for clarifying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the halos in CL came out dimmer on the printed cards than they looked to me in the soft copy proofs. I think we have avoided that problem in the subsequent series volume, and it is one aspect I would like to correct in any CL reprint. vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.