Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this game, and really enjoyed the first game (played co-op with my wife). We had two questions after it was over (we scored 40 points):

1. When you play a "Plan A!" or "Plan B!" action card, and you pull an action card out of the deck (either the face-down or discard pile, depending on which card you played), can you play the action card immediately that you pull out of the deck? The rules say that you can "place it in front of you". We assumed that meant that the card itself was not playable until the following turn (at the earliest), but we were not sure.

2. If you turn the page of the book and it results in a deck being flooded, the passengers on the flooded deck get mixed in with the passengers on the next deck up. What if there ARE no passengers on the next deck up? Do the passengers still get shuffled (i.e. are they still panicking?), or do they get moved in an orderly fashion to the next deck (i.e. no shuffling of the order)?

I understand that if there are no passengers on the FLOODED deck, then the passengers on the next deck do not get shuffled, but this is the opposite situation. We played that thematically the passengers would still be panicking, but I could see it happening either way. We did not end up benefiting from our way of playing it, but we could have (since a more helpful card could have ended up on top).

Fun game! Thanks for any help on these questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mizerak wrote:

1. When you play a "Plan A!" or "Plan B!" action card, and you pull an action card out of the deck (either the face-down or discard pile, depending on which card you played), can you play the action card immediately that you pull out of the deck? The rules say that you can "place it in front of you". We assumed that meant that the card itself was not playable until the following turn (at the earliest), but we were not sure.

2. If you turn the page of the book and it results in a deck being flooded, the passengers on the flooded deck get mixed in with the passengers on the next deck up. What if there ARE no passengers on the next deck up? Do the passengers still get shuffled (i.e. are they still panicking?), or do they get moved in an orderly fashion to the next deck (i.e. no shuffling of the order)?

I understand that if there are no passengers on the FLOODED deck, then the passengers on the next deck do not get shuffled, but this is the opposite situation. We played that thematically the passengers would still be panicking, but I could see it happening either way. We did not end up benefiting from our way of playing it, but we could have (since a more helpful card could have ended up on top).

1_ that's it. Plan A or Plan B allow you to take one card back. But taking this card is your action for this turn. You have to wait your next turn to activate it.

2- they are shuffled even of they are no passengers in following deck.. panic !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick reply! So we played both situations correctly. I am glad for that. The thematic choice was the right one...I am glad for that too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.