Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Urinko
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Hi everyone Chris of Daft Concepts here, we have just launched our newest Kickstarter Project, a game board for playing Ultimate Tic Tac Toe.

We are going to offer several different versions of the game out of laser cut baltic birch and hardwood. We have an unadorned plain version, and a version we call Trivaram.

We have also teased the theme we are adding next week on our Facebook page which we are calling the 9 Pieces of 8 edition.

The campaign launched July 17th and is running through August 18th. You can check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/732415737/ultimate-tic-...

Thanks everyone for checking it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
very pretty! And the price seems reasonable. Unfortunately, for $50, I'd probably want something "meatier" than tic tac toe. But that's just my personal opinion.

If I were looking for something pretty to occupy the living room table permanently, this would be a good candidate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil AnnergÄrd
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
There might be legal issues with thoose symbols in certain European countrys, they certanly been used in the last 20 years to avoid laws against nazisymbols but thoose might have been or will become updated.

But you might already know this.

And in that case the fact that people will not buy the game because not only of it beeing tic-tac-toe but the meaning of symbols should not be a shock either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Urinko
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Good point about wanting more than just Tic Tac Toe. Not sure if you saw the link to the rules on the Kickstarter page. If not, here they are.

http://mathwithbaddrawings.com/2013/06/16/ultimate-tic-tac-t...

Thanks for looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heads up: the game is similar (exactly the same?) as

Ultimate Tic-Tac-Toe
Quote:
This game takes the simple concept of Tic-Tac-Toe to a whole new level. The game is played in nine playing fields, and one person's play determines in which playing field the next player may play. The game is played on a beautiful wood board with wood marbles in two colors. Metal rings are placed on the color of the marble who "wins" the playing zone. Only one "win" per playing zones. What starts out as a seemingly simple game becomes a complex strategic game. The board is played on Mad Cave Bird Games ColorKu board, so if you own ColorKu, you can just buy the "add on to ColorKu" unit for half the cost of the standard game.

I'm not certain if the gameplay is even originally conceived in Tic Tac Ku ... there is at least one predecessor with a similar grid of 9 tictactoe boards: Tic Tac Toe Times 10.

I actually owned a copy of Tic Tac Toe times 10 as a child. I don't remember the rules, unfortunately, so I can't tell if the rules are similar to Tic Tac Ku.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.