Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Gallagher
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Can hoax be on overwatch while invisible?

2. Are both (or all three) of her invisible unit figures considered to be on overwatch?

If so, that is really broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leigh
United Kingdom
Richmond
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hoax rules don't specifically deal with how her invisibility rules interact with the overwatch rules. That is a bit of a shame and forces us to make a judgement.

If Hoax goes on overwatch while invisible, it seems reasonable to me to assume that both (or all three figures) are considered to be on overwatch, but only one of them can actually use the overwatch token (and fire). The overwatch token is discarded when it is used AND Hoax would lose her invisibility - meaning that the Hoax figure that shot would have to be the real Hoax and be revealed. That first shot had better be a good one...

I'm not sure if it is that broken. Potentially powerful, but a good enemy can strategise against this. What I am certain about, is that the overwatch rule will not allow Hoax to carry out more than one overwatch shot in any game turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artemus Maximus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think FFG's rules for her are broken either, although it can be powerful if used correctly, to ward off enemies - it really becomes a game of 'chicken' since you don't know if she'll attack you or not. The fact that hoax becomes a reactionary, preventative tool in this use as oppossed to a proactive one if she takes her normal action and makes an attack is roughly equally powerful IMO ; using her to set up unknown overwatch on a few paths is harder to pull off and a risk of being an unproductive activation if avoided or mitigated with the same result of an attack as when she just activates as normal. In the former, the opponent can plan around her attack in OW easier. Send in a trooper or tough guy w/ +stamina to draw fire and reveal her. Headshot makes this a harder decision of course, but you'd have one less invisihoax to deal with so it is usually less of an issue.

Note that if she attacks with a hand to hand weapon she won't lose invisibility, so definitely avoid getting adjacent to her if she has one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.