Popular Tags: [View All]
Norm Tardi
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know of an english version of the new Edge edition? I found the one in the file section, but it's pretty old and wasn't sure if it was "up to date" as it were. Or am I good with that one?

Thanks,
N

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pure Schotten Totten is just the 54 cards in six suits numbered one to nine. I hope* the rules for those cards remain the same no matter who the publisher is.

However, if you want to play with the Tactics cards, all I can say is, they were designed for Battleline, not Schotten Totten. Battleline has six more cards in the deck. It is possible, in Schotten Totten with the tactics cards, to create a situation where you need more than 54 cards in your deck.

Hopefully, a later printing would address that, since they include the tactics card. Mine doesn't address that possibility. I have the Ubik printing.

* By hope I mean that since those rules are perfect, I would hope a publisher wouldn't go and change them to, say, make them more in line with Battleline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working from memory, but I think an additional difference between Battle Line and Schotten-Totten (besides the tactics cards) is the scoring of the lowest ranked triplet. For BL, I think it is the sum of the 3 cards. For ST, I think it is the highest single card.

So a difference across publishers could be a move to the BL scoring.

(This is all from memory, so I may be off track.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, there are actually quite a few differences between Battleline and Schotten Totten. Hand size. When to claim stones. Tactics cards. I wasn't aware of the scoring one, but I can see that.

I don't dig on Battleline so I'm not an expert on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha, thanks for the clarification. I've only played BL once. I have ST, and prefer it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.