Scott
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to get a co-op game that can support a fair amount of characters (preferably at least 10) and is semi-thematic or is mechanically interesting. Our group loves Eldritch Horror (although it tends to get passed up due to going 2+ hours). Some of the more common games we play are Cosmic Encounter (+ all expansions) due to the immense race replayability + large player count, Sutakku (dice risk/tower mechanic + supports large player count), and Masquerade (large number of players + plays quick + fun memory mechanic). They also really like Yedo for it's great mechanics and implementation of theme, although we more often than not have 6+ players and can't play.

I'm thinking of picking up Zombicide: Season 3 as it supports up to 12, is semi-thematic, and a co-op, but was hoping to get other suggestions as to games that support ~10+ players, takes no more than three hours (the closer it hits 1-2 hours, the better), and has interesting mechanics and/or implementation of theme. Thanks!

PS Let me know if you need more info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried playing two games with up to five each? That might be easier to find...

Anyways... The Resistance: Avalon is a great little game (not quite cooperative) for up to 10 players.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
10 for co-op is really pushing it. Shadows of Camelot seats 7, Space Cadet Dice Duel (team v team, not co-op) goes to 8. Frankly, I'd split the group and play two games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Sládek
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
badge
DOES NOT COMPUTE ||| EXTERMINATE ||| EXTERMINAAAAAATE
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadows over Camelot +1 (goes up to 8p with the expansion)

Also if you've played Eldritch Horror, there's the obvious Arkham Horror choice (up to 8 and expansions galore, but it does go beyond 2 hours).

As the above poster said, 10 people for coop is not a terribly great idea. Coop games often suffer a lot from the "leader" syndrome, where you get an experienced player who just easily sees the best choice and the other players end up asking him what they should do. The more players in a game, the higher a chance of that happening. Also I can't really imagine 10 people debating over a common strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottgun wrote:
10 for co-op is really pushing it. Shadows of Camelot seats 7, Space Cadet Dice Duel (team v team, not co-op) goes to 8. Frankly, I'd split the group and play two games.

Regular ol' Space Cadets is fully co-op and will do 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy E
msg tools
mbmbmb
I've brought out Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective with around 10 players. Especially with some of the later cases, it makes it easier to distribute the newspapers and give people things to do.

Since the subject says "preferably", here are some non-coops that are good with lots of players:

- 7 Wonders: This plays up to 7, or 8 with an expansion. I like especially that the game doesn't really take longer with more players, since the turns are taken simultaneously.
- The Resistance Avalon: This is teams, not co-op. But it's easy and quick to explain the rules, and the games are short so you get to play several times in a row.
- Ultimate Werewolf: This is pretty much a go-to game with large groups.
- Dixit: This is a great party game with an expansion that allows it to play up to 12. It's not co-op, but it's also not very competitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.