Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Hatch
Australia
Mudgeeraba
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey folks,

Just a quick question, I'm new to this game and we had our first game last night with just the core set.

I know the rule book says a 2x2ft area is what you should play in, but it seemed REALLY small. Like in 1 move we were already able to shoot each other.

Is this the size most people use? If I wanted to make a cool playing mat, what size would you suggest?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the recommended play area size is 3x3 foot - or roughly 90x90cm. Usually takes 2-ish turns until the first shots are fired for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi, lad!

Just responded to your other thread concerning Core rules, p4 w/ 3x3.

Just as an example of what's out there, I have a GF9 Asteroid Field Space Mat and I'm a fan. The ships "stick" a bit without pulling threads like felt. YMMV, and I would suggest a 3x3 mat (or a mat with a delineated 3x3 area + room for cards ala corsec (expensive!)).
http://www.flamesofwar.com/gf9online_store.aspx?CategoryID=1...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the 2' x 2' area was just for the getting started scenario in the rule book. The standard size is 3' x 3'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.