Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Gerber
United States
Willard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone no of any good game stores around the Cincinnati ohio area? Me and my wife will be going to cincy in late September and I would like to check out a game store or two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/294366/flgs-of-the-usa-a... ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua West
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If your travels take you north near Dayton, might I suggest: http://epiclootgames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yottaquest is the place!

http://www.yottaquest.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Porter
United States
Providence
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yottaquest has a fantastic selection and some open gaming.

I also really like Broadway Hobby Shop in Mt. Lookout. It is more of a hobby store, but they have a pretty impressive selection of games (not as impressive as Yottaquest mind you). I've always only seen the one worker there who I assume is the owner. He is a really nice gentleman, though not much of a gamer himself (don't expect any recommendations), but that is not much of a deterrent for me.

Plus, Mt Lookout Coffee across the square has good coffee (roasting onsite) and Zipp's Cafe is next door and has fantastic burgers (better IMHO than the nearby Terry's Turf Club) with a strong selection of local beers on tap. Or go further own Delta and get some BBQ from Eli's BBQ (just bring a 6-pack as it is BYBO).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Elliott
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yottaquest has been very good to me. It would be my recommendation. I sometimes drive down from Columbus to check in and buy stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gerber
United States
Willard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone. I will check them out. I will especially try out yottaquest. Looks amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sauce
United States
West Chester
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My suggestion is mainly about finding a solid place to play, but also if I had to buy from a place I would stick to these just for how much they have been supporting the hobby.

Being over the age of 20, I found Yottaquest to be less than a great place to play. Not saying it is bad, just not for me, and I haven't been there in quite a few years. The fact that it has been open for so long means they must be doing something right.

In the northern parts of Cincy, where I currently live, I have really enjoyed Nostalgia Inc and Game Swap in Mason.

Nostalgia Inc has a really friendly atmosphere and the owner is super nice.

Game Swap has a lot going on other than board gaming so it can be hard to find people who are there without a specific game in mind, but it always seems to be packed. I always bring a friend(s) and/or my wife in the off chance I cannot find any or many to play with.

If you are moving anywhere near Dayton, Epic Loot is just south of Dayton and I really, really enjoyed playing there. I used to work closer to it, so the drive was worth it, but not so much anymore. The group that plays during their open board gaming nights is probably the friendliest group of gamers I have encountered, and they always have people playing a wide variety of board games. The amount of games they sell is pretty amazing as well.

Also I would suggest looking into a meetup.com group. I had some success playing with a group from there, and when you attend one of those meetups it is easy to ask where people like to play and buy games at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rochford
United States
Summerfield
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an FYI for those reading this thread as it was mentioned in others: Yottquest is closed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.