Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4933

this makes me sad especially since diskwars got one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I wouldn't read too much into it, I think most of OP events by FFG always are related to collectible games of some sort (with the odd exception of Diskwars, but I guess they have to exploit the franchise)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael S
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit..."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does it feel like FF released this game and then completely forgot about it? There is a huge community for it and I know I would play a tournament and buy any expansions that came out. I mean DISKWARS got a tournament?!

:sigh:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Is it there something we could do to support BL2? This game deserves more attention...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't go to GenCon anyway, but I do feel for those who wanted a tournament.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
argentore antonio
msg tools
yes, Diskwars got a tournament. Maybe because is the best light skirmish game ever made. Good miniatures don't mean good battle-game.
I think that in usa is under 30$ ,that worth a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
platasalud wrote:
Good miniatures don't mean good battle-game.

No, excellent rules, quick setup, and fun play make a good "battle-game". The awesome miniatures are a bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
argentore antonio
msg tools
ok, you have just speak about diskwars. Battlelore is a really good game but diskwars is a better product and surely much suitable for tournaments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Ruiz
United States
Calexico
CA - California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Idk but I feel that they will announce a battlelore expansion and runbound 3rd ed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
platasalud wrote:
ok, you have just speak about diskwars. Battlelore is a really good game but diskwars is a better product and surely much suitable for tournaments.

I was going to tell you that's just your opinion, but then I checked out the box text in the Diskwars set and indeed it says "Warning: this is a much better product than Battlelore, signed FFG".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
platasalud wrote:

Your opinion =/= fact. My point was that BattleLore is a good "battle-game" because it has excellent mechanics, fast setup, and fun play. I don't like Disk Wars. The games are very different and I prefer BattleLore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael S
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
platasalud wrote:
yes, Diskwars got a tournament. Maybe because is the best light skirmish game ever made. Good miniatures don't mean good battle-game.
I think that in usa is under 30$ ,that worth a try.

ok

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
argentore antonio
msg tools
ok , maybe you have made the choice much suitable for you, but I don't want hear words like "I mean DISKWARS got a tournament?!" anymore.

Actually Diskwars is a lot under battlelore about selliìng, but not because is a worse game, but only because a lot of people (without make even only one game with WHD) think : miniatures are surely better than cardboard disk.
I bet that the most of those mins now are on their shelf cover of dust.
I am very happy that fantasy flight made tournament to try to promote the
game. Most people will know that they were wrong about their opinion on WHD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
platasalud wrote:
ok , maybe you have made the choice much suitable for you, but I don't want hear words like "I mean DISKWARS got a tournament?!" anymore.

Actually Diskwars is a lot under battlelore about selliìng, but not because is a worse game, but only because a lot of people (without make even only one game with WHD) think : miniatures are surely better than cardboard disk.

I'm sure it's a good game - unfortunately, I tend to stay away from products related to GW due to their business practices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
platasalud wrote:
I don't want hear words like "I mean DISKWARS got a tournament?!" anymore.

Fortunately, that it not a decision you can make. Watch.

I mean, DISKWARS got a tournament?! See? I'm pretty shocked myself. It's up there with games like X-Wing and Netrunner and doesn't seem warranted, especially with the community surrounding BattleLore. One can only assume that FFG is pushing expansions and tournaments for Disk Wars because it isn't selling like it should.

Quote:
but only because a lot of people (without make even only one game with WHD) think : miniatures are surely better than cardboard disk.

Given the choice, hell yeah miniatures are better.

Quote:
I bet that the most of those mins now are on their shelf cover of dust. Most people will know that they were wrong about their opinion on WHD.

You do realize that two opinions can be right and coexist at the same time? I'm fine with you liking Disk Wars, you seem to think anyone who likes BattleLore is wrong. Surely you see the conflict here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael S
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely dont have anything against WHD. I have never played it. Glad you enjoy it. The purpose of this thread doesn't seem to be bashing WHD but more surprise that Battlelore DIDNT get any love at GenCon or really any love at all since release (well minus some dice)

platasalud wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
platasalud wrote:

I do find puzzling that Diskwars got a tournament, and it doesn't have anything to do with the game being good or bad (which I don't know because I haven't played it). The thing is, FFG is seemingly trying to promote a kind of "tournament scene" for their line of collectible games like X-Wing and Netrunner, and Diskwars is neither of the above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would seem that FFG is pushing Disk Wars into their stable of tournament worthy games along with Netrunner and X-Wing.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4963

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
argentore antonio
msg tools
I attemp to say to all of you : Diskwars is a really amazing game, the best compromise between easy to play and tactics. Really adapt for tournaments. Do a gift to yourself and buy it! Support this game or we risk to lose a little-gem in boardgame history.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
River Vale
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I'm not a BL2 fan (I only played 1E), I do have to admire those of you who are. Through two editions, and through a complete lack of updates from FFG, you maintain hope. That says something positive about you guys. I appreciate the optimism!

I personally don't think the game is selling well enough to end up getting expansions (I have no numbers to back this up; just info about stock and a lack of a reprint). But I do hope that you guys get one, just because of the complete refusal to accept that this might be dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
River Vale
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
platasalud wrote:
I don't want hear words like "I mean DISKWARS got a tournament?!" anymore.

Fortunately, that it not a decision you can make. Watch.

I think he's allowed to decide that he doesn't want to hear those words ;-).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
platasalud wrote:
I attemp to say to all of you : Diskwars is a really amazing game, the best compromise between easy to play and tactics. Really adapt for tournaments. Do a gift to yourself and buy it! Support this game or we risk to lose a little-gem in boardgame history.

If it had the setting that the original incarnation did (the pre-Terrinoth Menarra setting), I might.

But the Warhammer setting completely turns me away from wanting to buy it, to be honest.

While there are a few Warhammer-ish things that I've bought anyway, generally a Warhammer setting will kill most my interest in a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.