Subject: 31 Days to Mastering Ares Mothership rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: favorite [+] MonPoc [+] [View All]
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
So, Team Covenant ran a really cool series on what to think about strategy-wise as you pick a monster and try to master its play style.
31 Days to Mastering Monsterpocalypse

However, their site navigation makes it a little hard to find articles, so I'm going to link my progress in here to make it easier for me (and others) to find them in order.

The Basics
Day 1: Plenty of Foo in this Fighter
Day 2: I, For One, Welcome Our New Alien Overlords
Day 3: Little Green Men
Day 4: Citizens of Innsmouth
Day 5: Xenophobia
Day 6: Invasion of the Building Snatchers
Day 7: Area 51

Hiatus battle report
Day 7.5: vs. Mega Osheroth and Vs. Ultra Zor-Voltis

I welcome y'all to start your own threads in the same vein and add to them as you finish assignments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: My 31 Days to Mastering Monsterpocalypse
T%hanks for re-posting these! I am enrolling in this audit of Monpoc 101

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good for you, my friend. I've been noodling around with a similar thought. Seeing more Monpoc content over on Team Covenant makes me happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys know that this was written 4 years ago right? Team Covenant no longer supports this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
tlee33 wrote:
You guys know that this was written 4 years ago right? Team Covenant no longer supports this game.
oh, that must mean the articles are invalid now... ;P

I know it was written 4 years ago because I wrote part one 3 years ago. Doesn't mean I can't revisit the series to pick up where I left off.

Part 3 coming sometime today, hopefully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sweazey
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jugglervr wrote:
tlee33 wrote:
oh, that must mean the articles are invalid now... ;P

I know it was written 4 years ago because I wrote part one 3 years ago. Doesn't mean I can't revisit the series to pick up where I left off.

Part 3 coming sometime today, hopefully.

I think he was responding to the post referring to seeing more MonPoc content on TC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
msweazey wrote:

I think he was responding to the post referring to seeing more MonPoc content on TC.

TC doesn't support monpoc with official resources, but they still have the old stuff and the ability for players to create new content. TC is blog-driven and community-sourced. The only reason there's not a lot of content up there is because players aren't putting it up (also, TC's wordpress theme doesn't usually display multiple articles by the same person on the splash page at the same time, so there has been some activity, but only from a few players in the last year). Let's change that. Pick a monster and start mastering it.

If you can't play locally to test your list, there's still Vassal. It's a little empty lately but you could arrange games beforehand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazzell
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It is a really cool series and it’s great to see that you are undertaking this, Kevin!

Louis, seeing more MonPoc Happenings over at Team Covenant makes me happy too. :-D

I too have been seriously considering undertaking Team Covenant’s 31 Days to Mastering Monsterpocalypse. What’s been keeping me from it is knowing that I seriously lack the time to see it through. Also the few people that I know that played it, their interest had drifted to other games. I’d imagine that undertaking this requires some extensive game-time, right?

I’m also still trying to decide which monster I want to study. I've got it narrowed down to four.

I also love the Mothership! It was the second monster I ever pulled and has always been one of my favorites! I’ll enjoy seeing you explore her strategies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Bezeau
Canada
Hanover
Ontario
flag msg tools
Support your local Brick & Mortar Game Store.
badge
Straw Hat Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
My sons and I have just discovered this game (in the basement of our FLGS). Thanks for sharing because for noobs like us, it is beautiful to find more info (especially strats and what not).

Keeping it coming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
The Basics (days 1-7) are done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
Battle report is up. I hope to start section 2 this month. Unfortunately, TC dropped their tagging support for monpoc, but I'll keep my stuff on there until there's a reason to switch over to BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy White
msg tools
Hey Kevin,

Check out MonPoc.net. It has just gone live so is still a work in progress but the folks building it are Monsterpocalypse vets. Forums just went up, the ability to blog was added a couple of days ago. You should put your articles up there. i'm going to start my Leviathron/Tritons one (I really appreciate your insight on the units, something i've struggled with).

We also meet up for Vassal games and these guys run a Vassal tourney ever four months or so.

Hope to see you over there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
registered.

I might be swinging back into monpoc, so i might be heading over there. (we have a large contingent of x-wing players at the LGS who love the idea of monpoc; it just requires that I build a community IRL yet again)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.