Unleashed Kraken
Germany
Gießen
Hessen
flag msg tools
Hi,
I'm going to buy this game. But wanted to know where the difference is between "Devastation of Indines" and "War of Indines".

Also do someone know a Europe-retailer for Germany? Else I have to order it from US or something :X

Thank you and greetings
Nyxlos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
War of Indines was released first. Both work standalone, but if you are going to buy War get the revised edition (which might take a while since its kickstarter finished not too long ago). The main difference between the games is the characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unleashed Kraken
Germany
Gießen
Hessen
flag msg tools
ok, thanks. And which edition do you recommend?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Cooley
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nyxlos wrote:

War has simpler characters, mechanically, and fewer of them. It also has a cheaper price tag.

Devastation has more complex characters, different play modes such as solo mode, boss fight mode, etc., and the price tag reflects it.

I'm a little fonder of War because that's the one I got way back when, and it was my introduction to the series. Plus it has Cherri, who is currently my favorite character.

If you've never tried a battlecon game, get the free PNP demo to see if you like it before you shell out the money for it. And if you still aren't sure, wait for BattleCon: Fate to be released, as that will be the "official" starter set, having 10 characters and cost about half of what War costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benstylus wrote:
Nyxlos wrote:

War has simpler characters, mechanically, and fewer of them. It also has a cheaper price tag.

Devastation has more complex characters, different play modes such as solo mode, boss fight mode, etc., and the price tag reflects it.

I'm a little fonder of War because that's the one I got way back when, and it was my introduction to the series. Plus it has Cherri, who is currently my favorite character.

If you've never tried a battlecon game, get the free PNP demo to see if you like it before you shell out the money for it. And if you still aren't sure, wait for BattleCon: Fate to be released, as that will be the "official" starter set, having 10 characters and cost about half of what War costs.

Either way, both games are swell introductions to the series.

However, you may want to get Devastation as War is getting a re-print very soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few things to consider on this:

Want it now: Devastation is the proper pick in this case. It's currently in print, and easier to find than the original printing on War. War is also being reprinted with new art and slightly tweaked cards/rules, so would be better to wait on that version of the game.

Want it cheap: War is the better choice in this regard. While you can find the original edition of the game around, I would reccommend waiting on the new edition of the game to come out, as it will have better art, somewhat clearer rules, and more easily tie in visually to the art style of Devastation.

There is also the Print and Play versions of both of these to consider, which gets you everything now, for significantly less than the game would cost you - but you'll need to assemble everything yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brock
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
Devastation is currently out of print, hard to find, and ridiculously expensive.

Reprint is on its way says the latest KS update. Someone can probably copy it over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see a KS update, but here's the latest from the distributor:
Re: Seriously, is this available anywhere in Europe???
Of course it will likely take a little more time to reach Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brock
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
I didn't see a KS update, but here's the latest from the distributor:
Re: Seriously, is this available anywhere in Europe???
Of course it will likely take a little more time to reach Europe.

Ah my bad, it was a level99 newsletter not an update.

Quote:
Devastation Returns!
We have a very limited restock of BattleCON: Devastation coming in next week, and it should be shipping out quickly. If you haven't gotten your hands on it yet, place an order now to guarantee that we'll have a copy for you when they come back in stock!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Halos wrote:

Quote:
Devastation Returns!
We have a very limited restock of BattleCON: Devastation coming in next week, and it should be shipping out quickly. If you haven't gotten your hands on it yet, place an order now to guarantee that we'll have a copy for you when they come back in stock!
Thanks! When was that from?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick note to OP's question about where to get it in Germany. I was lucky to get the very last Devastation that they had from brave new world in Cologne. They also do mail orders, so you might give them a call to see whether it's available from there.

Just for the sake of completeness: I'm not in any way affiliated with brave new world. Just trying to help

Edit: got the last Devastation in spring. They might have it in stock again, I hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brock
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
Halos wrote:

Quote:
Devastation Returns!
Thanks! When was that from?

That was from the 19th July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Few alternatives:

Wait for BattleCON: Online to come out.

Get the Print and Play versions for much cheaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any differences in graphics? Cards, bases etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
AkitaInu wrote:
Are there any differences in graphics? Cards, bases etc?
The new edition of War: Remastered has different art on the bases, but only on the front and the card layout is the same; it's literally just the picture in the top left of the card which is different.

The old version of War has a different lead artist for all the characters, so the character art is of a different style than Devastation / War: Remastered / Fate. But I doubt you'll be able to find old War anywhere; it's been out of stock for quite a while.

Neither of these things affect gameplay, though. The card backs across all BattleCON products are identical and therefore their cards are interchangeable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are You able to point me to new arts? As I am unable to find which one is from Devastaiton and which one is from war: Remastered :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.