Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: help! question star wars x-wing game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
paul staehle
Netherlands
flag msg tools
new at this forum so: hi folks!

New with the xwing game and love it. Got a question about the barrel roll.

So, i got a tie wing who can make a barrel roll as an action. Is it possible, as an action, to do a barrel roll after all ships on the board made their movements? Even when i am not the highest level pilot on the board? 

Looking at the rules, it looks like i am not allowed to do so. But it is much more interesting to do a barrel roll when knowing where the xwing or other opponents end up. 

My appologize if this questions has been awnsered allready somewhere else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do that only if you have a suitable source for an action outside of your activation step: for example a high-PS pilot (for example Vader) with Squadron Leader passed you an action. (But note that you can only barrel roll once during a round, like any other action.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paulinho13 wrote:

My appologize if this questions has been awnsered allready somewhere else.

Don't worry. You might want to check out the X-wing forum on this site.
Plenty of questions and answers there. Have fun with the game and welcome to BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul staehle
Netherlands
flag msg tools
So, being a Academy pilot and only have my standard action to make, i can only barrel roll in my turn during the activation phase and then i have to wait and see what the next pilot will do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved this thread from the General Gaming forum to the X-Wing forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paulinho13 wrote:
So, being a Academy pilot and only have my standard action to make, i can only barrel roll in my turn during the activation phase and then i have to wait and see what the next pilot will do.

That's correct. Positioning actions like Barrel Roll and Boost (which was introduced with TIE Interceptor and A-wing) are much more useful on high Pilot Skill ships than on the generic Academy Pilot... unless you have a hunch where your opponent is going and/or want to block a ship to deny its actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.