Subject: Introduce yourself rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Juggles
United Kingdom
Prestatyn
Denbighshire
flag msg tools
The sweat in my t-shirt and dust in my shoes, reminds me that paradise is only a point of view.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure this will have been done before, but seeing as I'm too lazy to do an in-depth search I'll start one here too.
Do we have an introduce yourself thread? Something saying who you are, where you are from and anything we think makes up the fuller picture of who we are.

I'll start shall I?

I'm 42, Male and live in North Wales.
Though in the grand scheme of things this life is relatively new, we only moved here 4 years ago after living in the center of the UK (Mansfield, Notts) for 37 years. One day we took a punt and decided to have a lifestyle change and started looking for somewhere pretty. From putting our house on the market to moving it took 60 days, so we firmly believe fate was guiding us in some way.
It's only in the last year and a half I've really got into board gaming and I attribute some of that to the move. In Mansfield it was very easy not to be progressively social and get involved because I'd grown up there and knew enough people I didn't need to expand my social circle. When we moved however one of the things we said, for the children and the family, was we needed to make more of an effort. Nothing really seem to fit for the first two years although we did start fostering and that bought it's own social circle of local carers. Then I happened upon a Wil Wheaton's tabletop and bought Ticket to Ride,
After that it all seemed to click. Not only was it a great excuse for getting out and meeting new people, but some of these games were great to pull out with the children who probably never got that one to one interactions at their own homes and it has been great at improving all of their social skills, thinking skills and life skills (loosing, winning, debating, planning)

I love this site but still haven't got into the full swing of it, I'm pretty sure Rahdo was going to do a video on it. My wife does online forums really well and has made some really good friends who have come into the real life too. Over time I'd love that to be the case here so when people come travelling to Wales they can swing by and play more games.

I could go on, really I could.

What about you lot then? What do you think makes you you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Juggles
United Kingdom
Prestatyn
Denbighshire
flag msg tools
The sweat in my t-shirt and dust in my shoes, reminds me that paradise is only a point of view.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should really go post this in my bio, as that's what it's there for isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LONG before the village square was a thing, we did have a thread for this type of thing... man that one will be fun to dig up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val K
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
mbmbmbmbmb
We have wolf of the week threads that is full of personal details, but that isn't the same thing, I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Melsana wrote:
LONG before the village square was a thing, we did have a thread for this type of thing... man that one will be fun to dig up.

Murph to the rescue! Thread necromancer extraordinaire!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:
Melsana wrote:

Murph to the rescue! Thread necromancer extraordinaire!

Yeah, I searched for it, but couldn't find it. I'm pretty sure I was the one that started the thread... but I could be wrong about that. It would definitely only have the OLD school folks in it, and probably a good majority of the people in it don't play any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It took me quite a while, but I found it ...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/68148/get-know-your-fell...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LudesFactor wrote:

Ludes you shall be punished.

Took me about 53 seconds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val K
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ohh, so old it didn't get moved to the village square. which is fair, since I didn't ever finish going thru the ww thread to label the things Jmilum should move. Some days I just let my peeps down.
whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Wow, that's a bittersweet run down memory lane there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Juggles
United Kingdom
Prestatyn
Denbighshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LudesFactor wrote:

Hah, I knew it wouldn't have been an original idea. What makes it even funnier is I realise I stuck this in the wrong forum. I'll just copy it into the right one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
LudesFactor wrote:

Ludes you shall be punished.

Took me about 53 seconds.

yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val K
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrJuggles wrote:
LudesFactor wrote:

Hah, I knew it wouldn't have been an original idea. What makes it even funnier is I realise I stuck this in the wrong forum. I'll just copy it into the right one.

Which forum did you think you were introducing yourself to? Because if you wanted werewolf this was the right forum. If you didn't want werewolf, well it seems mean to say, but you were wrong, you did want werewolf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Juggles
United Kingdom
Prestatyn
Denbighshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Valkerie32 wrote:
MrJuggles wrote:
LudesFactor wrote:

Which forum did you think you were introducing yourself to? Because if you wanted werewolf this was the right forum. If you didn't want werewolf, well it seems mean to say, but you were wrong, you did want werewolf.

no it's not mean at all, it's axiomatic, that's why I realised I'd stuck it in the wrong forum. Therefore, not werewolf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Valkerie32 wrote:
MrJuggles wrote:
LudesFactor wrote:

"Hi, I want to play werewolf online." #70 - Perfect 11 - Basic Werewolf for the Rookie and the Veteran
Single Serving 22: Rinse the Seer
South Park Perfect 11
Double Serving 2: The Experiment Continues
Werewolf VS Mafia! - Game over!

Click them, MrJuggles. You know you want to... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrJuggles wrote:
Valkerie32 wrote:
MrJuggles wrote:
LudesFactor wrote:

no it's not mean at all, it's axiomatic, that's why I realised I'd stuck it in the wrong forum. Therefore, not werewolf.

So now I'm curious... which Forum did you mean to post in??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Juggles
United Kingdom
Prestatyn
Denbighshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the off topic forum that most sites have. I guess I read down and saw The Village and must have thought that was the name of an off topic hangout, I didn't see it was a subset off anything else. I do now though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrJuggles wrote:
In the off topic forum that most sites have. I guess I read down and saw The Village and must have thought that was the name of an off topic hangout, I didn't see it was a subset off anything else. I do now though.

Well come join a Werewolf game, and find a whole new sub-section of this gaming site. We are very friendly, and only bite if you look tasty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrJuggles wrote:

Well, it is an off-topic hangout which branched out of the WW forum about two and a half years ago. I don't think there are any restrictions or exclusivities involved as to who may post here. (Despite what Val implied.) We don't claim souls as Chit-Chat does (probably what you were looking for), so we do have that going for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
LudesFactor wrote:
MrJuggles wrote:

Well, it is an off-topic hangout which branched out of the WW forum about two and a half years ago. I don't think there are any restrictions or exclusivities involved as to who may post here. (Despite what Val implied.) We don't claim souls* as Chit-Chat does (probably what you were looking for), so we do have that going for us.

*Not a guarantee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.