Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrés Pérez
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As with many users here, my wife is my primary gaming partner. I am curious if anybody here has had a chance to play this with just two players and what their thoughts are on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Gwazdosky
United States
Clinton
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience, most of Feld's games play well with two. I'll be backing the KS based on that.

Unfortunately, until it actually gets released (or reviewed) we won't know for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Tolerance for ambiguity is the first step in maturity.
mbmbmbmbmb
The comment from Andy Van Zandt (a designer and TMG Developer) was:

Quote:
Based on my plays with 2 players, I'd say 2 players is the best way to learn, just because you get to sort of "try out" the different paths without as much competition for resources.

Andy also pointed out that while Il Vecchio doesn't shine at 2 players (a concern raised by a backer), AquaSphere is just as good at 2 as it is at 3 and 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read the rules and it seems well adapted for 2 players. There are neutral submarines blocking empty spaces, a smaller amount of resources, and a smaller loading area. I'm pretty confident it plays well with two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Pérez
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds promising! I'll give the rules a gander and see if I want to back this. Thanks for the input everybody!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feld games are often well adapted to 2p. In his own words, his wife is his most reliable playtester.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DAAAN wrote:
Feld games are often well adapted to 2p. In his own words, his wife is his most reliable playtester.
Unfortunately the best playtesters are the ones who mess things up and "don't get it" as they point out all the things that need to be fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tucker
msg tools
Rahdo just played with two, seemed to work well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Tolerance for ambiguity is the first step in maturity.
mbmbmbmbmb
Two is ideal for learning the game and trying out new strategies, I think the decisions are much more painful once you hit 3 players. There's a real sense of racing around and competition with 3 that I appreciate. And I must say that I equate a little bit of decision pain as a good thing when I sit down to play a Feld. But two works very well for Aquasphere.

On the Kickstarter, we did a 2-player walk through. Rahdo's video play through from today is better because he shares more of his thoughts:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Pérez
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mahuloq wrote:
Rahdo just played with two, seemed to work well.

I saw he posted a video! Will be watching it when I get home thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He loves it... impressed with his final thoughts. Apparently, it's a very deep game. Am curious about this game now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.