Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Yomi Complete FIrst Edition, and found that one card (6 spade) in Lum's deck has printing defect: one third of the card's back has pink color.

I geekmailed David Sirlin, Yomi's designer and he told me to contact Game Salute.

At 4th July I contacted Game Salute, they replied my mail in the same day and send the card a few days later.

Today the replacement card arrives (three weeks to reach here is acceptable). At last now we can play with Lum!

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Thank you!

PS: Yomi is fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hoffman
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't this just standard customer service? You were sold a defective product and they fixed it in a timely manner. I don't think they deserve special accolades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, it should be the standard customer service (hear! hear!)

Too bad, in BGG you can read in many places that not all publishers do that. So, it's better to give appreciation to the one who did it, to show what a customer service should be: deal with complains quickly and then quickly solve the problem.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An-Jen Tai
United States
Palmyra
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what is a bit unusual, sad to say, is that he received immediate responses from the folks he contacted. I sent an email to Pandasarus a couple of months ago regarding some defective components in New Amsterdam at the email address they specifically listed it as the point of contact, and they have yet to respond one way or another. As it didn't affect our ability to play the game (just the aesthetics), I've been too lazy to follow up and complain .... but this seems par for the course, though in the past I've usually received the requested item a few weeks later, even if no one responds via email.

A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb

Considering all the bad press Game Salute has received lately, a positive experience is newsworthy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hoffmanmw wrote:
Isn't this just standard customer service? You were sold a defective product and they fixed it in a timely manner. I don't think they deserve special accolades.

All retailers were not created equal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:

Considering all the bad press Game Salute has received lately, a positive experience is newsworthy.

I'm guessing you're referring to the Alien Frontiers Kickstarter....which is currently over a year late. Hopefully by Christmas this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kind words, Jack. We're glad your replacement arrived in a timely fashion. Have fun playing Yomi!

- Game Salute
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.