Tien Gow» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Last Three Civilian Suit Tiles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
[potboiler] teamjsa
South Korea
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have studied the rank of the Civilian tiles and the last 3 tiles always bother me. They are called
(4-6) Red Head Ten
(1-6) Long Leg Seven
(1-5) Big Head Six
but I don't get what they are. Is there any background story or background knowledge for understanding these tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JM G
Guadeloupe
Moule
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As no one gave answer to your questions so far, I believe that it could not hurt if I throw in some clues:

I believe that the name of the tiles have been given afterward, as a mnemonic help to remember the rankings. This is of greater importance for the stronger tiles, and has been done in quite a clever manner I think. As for the last 3 tiles, you should set them vertically, with the highest number to the ground
- 4-6 : total is 10, and the "head" is red
- 1-6 : total is 7 and the "legs" drawn by the 6 are "long"
- 1-5 : total is 6, and the "head" is big (think of the big 1 as figured upon the faces of a chinese die)

Take that for what it is: free guesses. I'm not familiar with this game, nor of chinese culture.

You may find more of interest the insights from this site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.