Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonin Malach
Czech Republic
Třebíč
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I like Bolide, but im fan of rallycross, and there are gravel parts of track.
Do you have any idea how to change driving of car on gravel section?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe:

- making braking harder, reduce the braking power by one
- making accelerating harder, reduce the accelerating power by one
- simulating drifting by always calibrate steering one more field to the outer courve
- maybe inventing a risk dice throw to check the tires

Only some sudden ideas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonin Malach
Czech Republic
Třebíč
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying

sneuhauss wrote:
- making accelerating harder, reduce the accelerating power by one

but what do you mean by

sneuhauss wrote:
- simulating drifting by always calibrate steering one more field to the outer courve

it sounds good. How it could work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Push the pawn one place farther out on the longer axis would do it, but maybe only if your speed is greater than 3.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonin Malach
Czech Republic
Třebíč
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

Push the pawn one place farther out on the longer axis would do it, but maybe only if your speed is greater than 3.

S.

I will try it, thank you a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonin Malach
Czech Republic
Třebíč
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

With this rule you can accelerate faster:
my speed is 3, pawn goes 4, so next turn I can go 6. This is accelerating by 3 ...

sneuhauss wrote:

There is problem to determine where should pawn be moved. In turning it is mostly clear, but between turns and straights are problematic ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this mechanism must not be changed. I don't play the game often, although I really like it.
It is a Formula 1 game with no Gravel on the street. Eigher you leave the game as it is and play other games when you want to drive on gravel - or you develop your own mechanism working good for you.

I would like to be a game designer - but I am not and I only had some ideas which might not work for you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonin Malach
Czech Republic
Třebíč
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sneuhauss wrote:
Maybe this mechanism must not be changed. I don't play the game often, although I really like it.
It is a Formula 1 game with no Gravel on the street. Eigher you leave the game as it is and play other games when you want to drive on gravel - or you develop your own mechanism working good for you.

I would like to be a game designer - but I am not and I only had some ideas which might not work for you :(

I have the best racing game Rallyman, but it is rally, and I think about rallycross ...

Bolide is a great racing game, I think, it could be more great game with added gravel rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonin Malach
Czech Republic
Třebíč
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
another idea (not tested yet):

If the car ended his turn to gravel, pawn moves according to the classic rules and then move one square in the direction perpendicular to the arrow sector that was turning of car. According to the deviation from the direction of the arrow in a given sector, so no by track curvature, but by turning of car.

(google translate used)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.