Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to play Shadows over Camelot: Merlin's Company again. This Play By Forum (PBF) game is open to all. Ideally at least 5-6 knights. We plan to start on August 6th. All 8 knights would be great!. If you are interested in joining please reply to this post.

Preamble:
Previously on SOC-6: Morgan Le Fay's reaction to her defeat was,"You haven't heard the last of me. I'll raise a coven of seven witches and pit them against Merlin's Company any eight knights of you choice. Even with that eighth knight and I will wager that I can find another traitor and take what is rightfully mine- Camelot. Just you wait!!!"

Camelot needs allies to place their swords on the Round Table. It's been awhile. Slowly the knights may return to Camelot to help seek peace in the realm. Are you up to the challenge? Will you be one of them? Who will come to save Camelot? The King has need of at least 6 knights, more if you dare.[/i]

Invitation:
Please do not be overwhelmed by the following details (anything you don't understand we'll walk you through).

This Play by Forum (PBF) sign up is for the Shadows over Camelot: Merlin's Company (SOC/MC) for up to 8 players if you dare. No variants.

We hope to begin on by August 6 with a minimum of 5 knights. So if you are interested in joining us please reply to this post as soon as possible.

Set Up:
Seating order and knight's color will be assigned at random (except Arthur). You then pick which of the two knights you wish to represent. Next you will receive a Loyalty card and your hand of 6 cards via private message (PM).

The Board will look something like this: (click magnifying glass to make it larger)

SOC PBF guidelines:
The rules we'll use are similar to those used in previous SOC PBF games:

d10-1: For copyright reasons, you must own a copy of Shadows Over Camelot in order to play. Cards will be referred to by title, without the accompanying text.

d10-2: Use the image banner (like the Weaver one at top of page) associated with your character (I'll see you get one) so we can tell who you are in-game. If you are using a mobile device, put your character name at the top of your post.

d10-3: When sending private messages (PMs) to me, please use the following format: SoC 5 - [Character Name] - [Action]. Example: SoC-7 - Sir Lancelot - Draw sword from stone. This will make it much easier for me to keep track of things.

d10-4: Do not communicate with the other players outside this thread regarding the game. If you have a question about this PBF game and do not want to ask publicly, PLEASE ask me (GeekMail) - it's what I do, I don't mind really!

d10-5: Avatars change, images do not. Please use the image or assigned banner for all of your posts (especially in-character). When posting your in-game actions, bold them to make them easier to distinguish. Once bolded, an action cannot be taken back (except in certain circumstances, such as a illegal action being made).

d10-6: Subscribe to this thread to keep up to date, and make sure you forward private messages (PM) via your geekmail address to me and visa versa.

d10-7: Conditional Orders (COs) may be used, but must be strictly confidential between the player and myself. Public COs are not allowed, and neither is bolding actions when it is not your turn (since this is essentially the same thing). For game speed, COs are a great way to keep things moving along.

d10-8: Secrecy rules must be conformed to. You may not refer to specific cards by name, and you may not discuss the numbers on the cards (e.g. Fight cards and Black combat cards). You may hint at your situation (e.g. 'I am well suited to undertake the quest for the Holy Grail!' is fine, but 'I have three Grail cards in my hand' is not).

d10-9: You must agree to check this thread at least twice per day, unless you give notice of absence ahead of time. More frequent checking will result in a faster, slicker game. I'm usually on >2x/day so it could move rather quickly at times. Players have 24 hours to respond towards the next step of their turn or their turn will be automated as follows:
a. Draw a Black Card as Progression of Evil, if play face up if no response
b. Play the relevant card if on their Quest
c. If not possible, return to Camelot
d. If in Camelot, draw 2 cards at the Round Table
e. anything else I let my wife handle (just kidding)
Convocations, group quest card distributions and discussion as to actions may take longer than 24 hours to resolve.
If you need to be away for awhile you may choose an alternate (or I can find one if you prefer).

d10-1d10-0: Please do not use GeekRolls, they can confuse. We'll roll 'em for you (just like SOC-3, 5 & 6).

d10-1d10-1: Since all White discards are face down, anytime you must discard them GeekMail me your choice(s).

d10-1d10-2: Be creative and have fun. In-character posts (funny or otherwise) with images are encouraged! Use of medieval-speak, character quirks, create a background story, etc. can be fun too. To make things easier on myself and keeping in character, I will refer to all players by your character name. Post images if you want.

d10-1d10-3: Post typography, please try to use:
* Normal text for discussions, etc.
* Italics for flavor text/fluff - keeps the game fun and interesting.
* Bold for in-game moves and actions. I won't process any decisions/actions unless bolded in the thread.

Again reply to this post if you want to join in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Shadows Over Camelot/Merlin's Company PBF SOC 7 - MORGAN'S REVENGE
Players so far (not in order of seating):

1. David B
2. Allen
3. Gary T.
4. Brandon
5. David M.
6. Austin
7. Matt P
8. Tibor

alternates:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United Kingdom
Battersea
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Shadows Over Camelot/Merlin's Company PBF SOC 7 - MORGAN'S REVENGE
I'm definately up for it, but as you know I can't start until 8 August when I get back from holiday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Shaw
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um... yes, in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bayushi_david wrote:
I'm definately up for it, but as you know I can't start until 8 August when I get back from holiday.

Not a problem. The first communique will be seating order and color of your knight; already know which are choices by color via your PM. Cards and Loyalty should then arrive by Aug 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
In, definitely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please include me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mills
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like a seat around the round table, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm on the list twice.. Do I get 2 knights?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Alderman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please include me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MilesF wrote:

Yep & nope. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chadnorth wrote:
MilesF wrote:

Yep & nope. blush

Was worth a shot. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Piland
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibor Ujlaki
Croatia
Sesvete
Zagreb
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to join you on this Epic Quest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

That's 8 knights. Room for alternates...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Very well. It looks you made it into the region and are nearing Camelot. The sentries have identified you by the color of your coat of arms. Other than King Arthur please identify yourself. I will then direct you to your banner and we will prepare you for the initial Convocation. Your seat at the Round Table has been reserved.

Seating (turn) order:
King Arthur Gary T.
Sir Galahad Austin
Sir Geraint David M.
Sir Owain Matt P
Sir Gawain Brandon
Sir Tristan Allen
Sir Palamedes David B.
Sir Bedivere Tibor

If you are only assigned a color please tell us which knight of that color you are by logging with your choice. (I'll adjust the above chart as you log in).

After that I will Geekmail you with further instructions as to how to get your banner like the one I'm using at the top of this post. That private communique will also include your starting hand of 6 cards and your loyalty card. After you receive that you may begin the initial Convocation by selecting one card to post. Good luck!

P.S. I see some of you already know where to find the banners (previous SOC PBFs no doubt like Original Characters and Merlin's Company, etc.

My my, we're moving fast!

All present. Convocation time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mills
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It is I, Sir Geraint. I come for adventure and to save Camelot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb

I may be the oldest knight here but I still have enough fight in me to save this kingdom once more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Alderman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I, Sir Galahad, Son of Lancelot, am happy to lay down my life for the honor and glory of Camelot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibor Ujlaki
Croatia
Sesvete
Zagreb
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sir Bedivere, Lord of Dunven Castle here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It is good to see such stalwart knights prepared to defend Camelot against the forces that array against it. I thank you all for your service and ask that the Lord will strengthen our arms and smile down upon our land.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Shaw
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ready to slay some siege engines & cut down some dragons!

Hmmm, just doesn't sound right to me...

Oh well... ATTACK!

Wait, who are we attacking this time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Alrighty then, let's see now, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven... someone's missing. The Round Table was set for eight. Ah, Sir Kay or Sir Owain haven't arrived yet. I've sent a messenger to their camp at
Matt Piland
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
The greeter there said they must be out searching for the Questing Beast with Sir Pellinore as they have not been heard of since July 22nd when he volunteered.

We'll give it 24 hours then start the Convocation without him. Perhaps he or someone else can join up later.

BTW- I trust Sir Palamedes will be returning from his Holiday tomorrow per his prior CO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United Kingdom
Battersea
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mobile Sir Paleamedes

I will indeed be there in time for the Convocation as soon as I have figured out these new fangled winged horses.

I'll be back tomorrow, probably jet lagged to hell from crossing the Atlantic. Feel free to start discussions about the Convocation without me. I'll join in when I'm back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Piland
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools

Tis I Sir Owain here to crush catapults and wenches, and I'm almost out of wenches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [25] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.