Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Legendary: Villains – A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: How to Break the Game by Mixing Sets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick O\'Toole
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use the following setup to completely break the Plot.

Use the Villains board.
The Plot is 'Build an Underground Mega-Vault Prison'
Use Galactus as the Mastermind.
The rest is up to you.

Wait for the first Master Strike and you'll see that Galactus doesn't care for your Earthly notions of 'Plot'.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trainer Nick wrote:
Use the following setup to completely break the Plot.

Use the Villains board.
The Plot is 'Build an Underground Mega-Vault Prison'
Use Galactus as the Mastermind.
The rest is up to you.

Wait for the first Master Strike and you'll see that Galactus doesn't care for your Earthly notions of 'Plot'.


For those of us not next to our games, can you explain what happens? I'm far too lazy to wait until I get home to figure it out
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Don't have the villain set and I don't know what the plot is (and the first result on Google is actually this thread....)


But I'd easily guess the plot requires a specific spot in the city and Galactus can destroy it with a master strike thus preventing "good wins" scenario.

Possibly something similar to having him destroy the bank in the bank robbery plot?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rimgar
msg tools
mb
Genius. Basically, the plot brings Adversaries in at the end of the board from victory piles. It's kind of similar to the Prison Breakout, as you just need to prevent foes from escaping.

Because the plot specifically mentions the sewers, once they are gone with the first Master Strike, it suddenly becomes impossible for the plot to affect with full potency.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick O\'Toole
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The plot activates when there is something in the Sewers, and if there is nothing there you play the next card of the deck into the Sewers. However, because the city is reversed on the Villains board, Galactus eats the Sewers first. Essentially, after the first Master Strike the plot is no longer important and all you have to watch for is the Master Strikes.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trainer Nick wrote:
The plot activates when there is something in the Sewers, and if there is nothing there you play the next card of the deck into the Sewers. However, because the city is reversed on the Villains board, Galactus eats the Sewers first. Essentially, after the first Master Strike the plot is no longer important and all you have to watch for is the Master Strikes.


Which is still no small task I might add
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Barker
msg tools
mb
While it doesn't 'completely' break the plot, you can neuter "Mass Produce Warmachine Armor" plot (in solo mode at least) by simply bringing Ghost Rider to KO assault squads from your victory pile. They'll never make it back into the city that way.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There are other ways to gain Bindings.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It just sounds weird when you say Galactus eats the sewers first. I mean how does one continue after eating a sewer? At least save it for last. It's like cosmic fear factor.gulp
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
Avatar
mbmb
vikingbill71 wrote:
It just sounds weird when you say Galactus eats the sewers first. I mean how does one continue after eating a sewer? At least save it for last. It's like cosmic fear factor.gulp


I'm thinking its like one of those Warhead candies.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
DerpTheBugbear wrote:
While it doesn't 'completely' break the plot, you can neuter "Mass Produce Warmachine Armor" plot (in solo mode at least) by simply bringing Ghost Rider to KO assault squads from your victory pile. They'll never make it back into the city that way.


Same for organized crime wave. But that requires quite a bit of effort and luck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick O\'Toole
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vikingbill71 wrote:
It just sounds weird when you say Galactus eats the sewers first. I mean how does one continue after eating a sewer? At least save it for last. It's like cosmic fear factor.gulp



Galactus is just smart enough to eat the gross stuff first so that the rest of the meal tastes good
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.