Trevor Lehmann
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hello kind forum members,

I am looking to create a card game with a farming theme. If possible, I would like to have the game created using recycled card stock and am curious if anyone has suggestions or experiences with manufacturers that offer environmentally conscious ideas such as recycled card stock?

Thank you for your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Barry
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I don't know, but I too am interested in this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Ma
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
I would say the greyboard is very likely to be some recycled materials. Though I doubt the normal playing card card stick is because the materials required really need to be premium to make a good product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
monchi
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this is something that is a lot more common these days than you might expect. I would say though that it would really come down to where you have your games made. In China they are still a little behind when it comes to recycled materials, but in North America it is very common for printers to be using paper that has some recycled content these days. Eska board which is used widely in North America and Europe is a recycled board. There are even printers these days that are buying carbon offsets and taking other steps to increase their green footprints as a way of differentiating themselves from China. If you contact domestic printers you will find you have a lot of options if you are willing to pay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Cosby
United States
Drain
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I know that at least some of the products made by Board Game Manufacturing are recycled... tell them I sent you...

http://boardgamemanufacturing.mjscreations.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Lehmann
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Thank you, I will definitely look into Eske board. I am intending to produce local with the advantage of a reduced shipping footprint and am happy to hear that North American companies are making ecologically conscious decisions. I haven noticed some European companies such as Cartamundi have a history in this, but I am glad to hear that their are North American options.

I am currently contacting manufacturers so I will find out soon enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
monchi
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevor where in Canada are you? I might be able to be of assistance. GM me if you like. I used to work for a bindery in Vancouver. I also helped manufacture PostHumous Z, took care of the printing and making the components and box. So I might be able to assist you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.