Subject: Where to Start? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im thinking of getting Zombicide but not sure if I should get season one or season 2.. Thoughts on which one is better. thanks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread. There are also several more to if you browse through the forums though can't remember if they're in the Zombicide or Prison Outbreak threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
season 1 is a good place to start and offers a lot of fun.
season 2 has more options but also slightly more complex

currently season 3 is on kickstarter which is a nice way to get extra characters and options, outside of KS it will be difficult to get these options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Buy season 1 now and play it. If you like it pledge for season 3 to get all the ks exclusives. You have 5 days left! Go Go Go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sygyzy
United States
Goleta
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any expansions or upgrades that one needs to purchase in addition to Season 1 in order to make the game work / fix any issues? Are there any must have buys in addition to S1 to play? I am asking because I read a lot about things broken in various seasons so I am not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
There is nothing broken in S1 other then people's own opinion on "broken"..

There are a few rules that have been updated for clarity reasons, or tweaks to things like line of site to better accommodate newer zombies then were originally available when S1 was out.. but nothing is "broken"

If anything, get S1, and download the newest rulebook and FAQ.. your good to go and you know all the changes and can just apply them to S1.

As for essential buys.. if you plan on buying TCM and PO down the road, then no. There isn't anything essential because you will get more zombies of all types with those expansions.

If you arnt sure you will get them, then grab a walk of the dead 2 box. It helps eliminate the extra activations for running out of zombies, and gives you a few more different looking zombi models.

If you find you want more of a challenge after you play s1, then get zombidogs

And remember, your buying a "sandbox" kind of game.. if you find anything you feel is "broken" then houserule your own fix for it that works for you.. This isnt a game for rule police type of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sygyzy
United States
Goleta
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow great answer and great roadmap laid out Telnets. I very much appreciate it. I think I will start with S1 then add on from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Watterson
England
flag msg tools
mb
^the only 'necessary' add-on for Season 1 would be MORE DICE - eBay is your friend

and maybe download and printout the many-many extra missions for Season 1 (http://zombicide.com/en/free-missions)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
Your welcome, hope it helps!
As for more dice, agreed!!

I was never a fan of the molotove/skull dice though that came with the game, so I went out and baught 7 sets of semi-transparent chessex 16mm D6 dice in various colors (Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Teal, black, Purple)..

Each player gets 12 of thier own color and its been a great "upgrade" to the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sygyzy
United States
Goleta
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Telnets wrote:

I was never a fan of the molotove/skull dice though that came with the game, so I went out and baught 7 sets of semi-transparent chessex 16mm D6 dice in various colors (Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Teal, black, Purple)..

Each player gets 12 of thier own color and its been a great "upgrade" to the game!

Not having seen the game, it comes with custom dice (molotov/skull) but you replaced them with standard D6's? How does that work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Watterson
England
flag msg tools
mb
I eBayed s1 and it came with 6 red dice. The skulls ones were an optional extra in the Kickstarter S1 campaign (iiuc) but you can eBay them too for an unnecessarily large amount of money. I don't bother with the official red ones, prefer my 12 big white ones - big and clear is how I roll.
Another extra you may find useful is a dice tower - no more dice rolling off the table and getting lost in the abyss that is under the sofa. These can be bought for stupid money or cobbled together from cardboard in ~30mins from a pattern somewhere in internet-land.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
The base box comes with standard red dice if i recall.. but you can buy custom Zombicide dice for around 7 bucks from local shops or online.. All they did was put a Molotov where the 6 should be, and a Zombihead on the side the 1 should be..

They don't actually mean anything specific in game.. There are no cards that say "if you roll a Molotov you get...." its more of a fluff thing..

I only got more dice of different colors, because I'm a bit of a germaphobe and OCD.. so.. everyone touching the same dice creeps me out as a germaphobe, and everyone having their own color is just OCD... By all means, buying more dice is not a necessity.. but if you have a few bux to splurge, it does make things a little more convenient, if nothing more then not having to collect the dice every roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
sygyzy wrote:
Telnets wrote:

Not having seen the game, it comes with custom dice (molotov/skull) but you replaced them with standard D6's? How does that work?

The custom dice are just basically D6's with the 1 and 6 replaced with a zombie head and Molotov. They don't have any bearing on gameplay, so swtiching them out for any other D6 is fine (and as others have mentioned the custom ones aren't in the core box anyway, that just has regular D6's).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sygyzy
United States
Goleta
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it, thanks Barry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.