Subject: Headers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Little
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Can someone please explain how headers work. I am assuming that people are likely to be using the rule from the first edition. Thanks in advance. I love this soccer game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.W.
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
M Little wrote:
Can someone please explain how headers work. I am assuming that people are likely to be using the rule from the first edition. Thanks in advance. I love this soccer game.

I love Soccero, too!

The optional rule is: If the ball comes to a player *in the air* and with *the exact number on the die (or dice)* it can be headed if you want.

You then roll one die, and the headed ball has to go in the air in a straight line (vertical horizontal, or diagonal).

In the optional rules, the header has to go the full number on the die and can't be stopped by any player en route.

But in a rules variant, the headed ball *can* be stopped by a friendly player short of the full die number.

Of course you can also aim a headed ball at the goal -- and in that case it gets treated like any other shot on goal in the air.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Little
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Thanks much. Is there a definitive set of rules to play Soccero? I see that there are some different variations posted here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dexter
msg tools
M Little wrote:
Thanks much. Is there a definitive set of rules to play Soccero? I see that there are some different variations posted here.

The definitive rules are the official basic and extended/optional rules.

The designers are also working to revise the rules and include them to a forthcoming edition. Those rules revise the movement of the players and how players dribble the ball. Extra kicks and preventing them are also a bit different. I think these rules are considered to be the best rules available. Hopefully they will be official soon.

One good variant what is used much is: the goalie saves the shots outside the penalty area with 4-6.
Also the header rule used to be like above mentioned, the ball can be stopped by a friendly player, and I also prefer that rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.