Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I love this game. Can hardly get enough of it to be really transparent.

Other games that pique my interest with specific mechanics that DoD either uses or I would love to see folded in are:

Mage Knight. I really like the single hero who can recruit, as it were. DoD has that covered.

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. DoD has the same feel and I like that a lot. Actually it has a better feel IMHO. I wonder if Pathfinder borrowed from you, Jack surprise

Delve the Dice Game. A small but excellent pnp. This is where new variants come in. I really like the use of dice in this game. Similar to Claustrophobia. I wonder if there would be a way to fold some dice rolling into DoD? Of course, Pathfinder also employs the use of dice but I think its a bit over the top there. I prefer something a little more elegant, like what I see in Delve.

Bah! I can't remember the fourth game I had in mind blush
I'll come back and update once it occurs to me.

Anyhow, those are some game mechanics I really enjoy. I see DoD as a near perfect game, for me, and would love to increase its variety. As of now, I have played dozens of times and it still has excellent replay ability. Huge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
The whole D series is great.

I enjoy the Shadow of D (Island of D2) the most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
patton55 wrote:
The whole D series is great.

I enjoy the Shadow of D (Island of D2) the most.

Yes. I have to get that.
I'll check Jack's website. I assume its also available pnp?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kos blaat
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
No dice please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
kosterix wrote:
No dice please!

I have since also played a lot of Darkest Night (First edition) and I quite enjoy the way dice are used there.
That said, and all similarities aside, I really like the dice-free mechanics of DoD!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.