Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if I'm the only one, but I didn't notice another bug thread for this yet.

If a subscription brings me to a new comment in an article, geeklist etc, and there are multiple pages in the comments, if I hit either the "next" page arrow, or the next page number, the page jumps back to the first unread comment I was initially brought to from the subscription page.

The second attempt to hit the arrow or page number then always works fine without fail. This happens to me 100% of the time, in Chrome for Windows, and Chrome for iOS. It's particularly frustrating if there are several new comments on the initial page, because when I hit the button to proceed to the next page of comments, I'll sometimes jump half way back up the page and have to scroll down again to find the arrows/page numbers.

I just did a couple of tests, and it seems if I just manually browse to a random article and try changing pages, it's working okay. It's only when I jump to a new comment through a subscription.

Again, this is just comment pages that are glitching for me. Regular forum pages are fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
You're not the only one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes108 wrote:
Not sure if I'm the only one, but I didn't notice another bug thread for this yet.

If a subscription brings me to a new comment in an article, geeklist etc, and there are multiple pages in the comments, if I hit either the "next" page arrow, or the next page number, the page jumps back to the first unread comment I was initially brought to from the subscription page.

The second attempt to hit the arrow or page number then always works fine without fail. This happens to me 100% of the time, in Chrome for Windows, and Chrome for iOS. It's particularly frustrating if there are several new comments on the initial page, because when I hit the button to proceed to the next page of comments, I'll sometimes jump half way back up the page and have to scroll down again to find the arrows/page numbers.

I just did a couple of tests, and it seems if I just manually browse to a random article and try changing pages, it's working okay. It's only when I jump to a new comment through a subscription.

Again, this is just comment pages that are glitching for me. Regular forum pages are fine.

This seems 100% reproducible for me. I hate this bug!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been able to reproduce this yet. A couple of questions:

First, you say that it applies to "geeklists" and "articles".

Articles do not have comments--are you referring to blog posts, maybe?

GeekLists do not have pagers for comments--no next button, no "number" to jump to--just "view more" and "view previous" which load additional comments in place. Are you sure this bug applies to geeklists?

Does this apply if the subscription lands you on, say, that last page of comments, and you try to browse backwards, or is it only for forward browsing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
dakarp wrote:
I haven't been able to reproduce this yet. A couple of questions:

First, you say that it applies to "geeklists" and "articles".

Articles do not have comments--are you referring to blog posts, maybe?

GeekLists do not have pagers for comments--no next button, no "number" to jump to--just "view more" and "view previous" which load additional comments in place. Are you sure this bug applies to geeklists?

Does this apply if the subscription lands you on, say, that last page of comments, and you try to browse backwards, or is it only for forward browsing?

Yes, I definitely meant Blog posts. The iOS games blog is one I frequent the most, for example, and it still happens every time. I don't remember anymore at this point what I was thinking in regards to Geeklists when I wrote the OP. I thought there were pages for the comments at the bottom of the list, but maybe I'm mistaken and it's just blogs I'm noticing it in. This still happens for me all the time there though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Happens consistently for Geeklist items and blogs for me.

For subscriptions, it definitely happens if I try to move to still later pages, not sure about moving to earlier pages. I'll check next time a subscription happens.

Using IE 9, as we're locked into that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
badge
FWIW, it just finally worked properly for me on a blog.

But, on another blog entry, from a subscription, it failed to page back properly the first time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I see the problem now. I'll see what I can do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This should be fixed now for blog posts, but I haven't been able to reproduce the problem for geeklists or geeklist items. Since they do not have pagers at all, I'm not sure how the problem would manifest. Can anyone provide an example of this bug on geeklists?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks Daniel. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet...

Regarding Geeklists, I don't use them a lot, and I haven't been able to trigger the bug currently. It seems like any issue may have been dealt with by the series of changes that were made to how the Geek-list and -item comments worked, and I just never realized it. Sorry for any extra work on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually this jump happened each time you put a comment into a game collection page. This problem has been there for 5 years and it is finally fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.