Popular Tags: [View All]
ennui
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
What type of monster is shown at the end of the KS video for Shadows Over Normandie? I notice they are fighting a huge deep one monster in one of the images shown in the KS campaign as well. It looks like it has scaly tentacle arms and a weird tentacle snout thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramses Van Riel
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
It's a servitor of Nyarlathotep, a new monster they created for Achtung! Cthulhu.
Here's another pic of it: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lq_JwcZ0VjQ/UwOy4mIEHbI/AAAAAAAAcP...

Apparently it starts out as a space-borne spore that can infect intelligent life forms. Eventually they take over control and become the monstrosity you've seen in that video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ennui
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, so it is an Achtung! Cthulhu thing. Thank you for the info! I might have to go check out that RPG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramses Van Riel
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Well, that's basically what Shadows Over Normandie is. Heroes of Normandie mixed with Achtung! Cthulhu, which is a pretty cool setting by itself.
It's good for people who don't normally like Call of Cthulhu because of its bleak outlook on that humanity is inevitably doomed and whatnot. While Achtung! Cthulhu tones down the hopelessness and throws in some pulp style adventure and intrigue! You get the best of both worlds really.
I should know, I just ran one of the published adventures they've put out and my players loved it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.