Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom S.
United States
Sykesville
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I went to my FLGS about a month ago and bought a German copy of Pandemic. Now my German is nonexistent, but I thought that the language dependency on Pandemic was minimal so I figured I'd be OK. I did send an email to Z-man asking about purchasing an English replacement deck, which they responded quickly, within 24 hours, pointing out the link on their store page (which I should have checked-my mistake).

However when I actually got around to playing a solo test game to learn the rules, etc. I noticed that there was some significant edge wear on the disease deck, marking some of the cards. Disappointing but no big deal. Then I notice that one of the player location cards is significantly wrinkled on both sides, like it got jammed in the printing process. This clearly marks the card, affecting gameplay, so I send Z-man another message through their website inquiring about a replacement card. Since I'm already contacting them about a card issue, I include pictures of both the wrinkled card and the edge wear. I asked that if they were going to replace the whole deck, I would prefer an English deck, but really I just wanted the one location card.

I sent my first request for service on July 5th. No response other than the automatic reply. On the 15th I send a short, friendly follow-up. It's been almost two and a half weeks and I haven't heard anything. Normally I wouldn't worry since they're a big company and probably busy except my first question got answered in record time.

I've seen nothing but good feedback about Z-man in the forums, and I'm not trying to smear them. I'm just wondering what my next course of action should be, and how long a wait is considered reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can go on their Facebook page, they normally respond pretty quickly there to this sort of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom S.
United States
Sykesville
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I don't know why I didn't try that in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I have an extra deck.

Geekmail me if Zman doesn't work out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenz Poh
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit of GG for a nice man. Albeit the fact that Im extremely low on GG myself

Guantanamo wrote:
I think I have an extra deck.

Geekmail me if Zman doesn't work out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom S.
United States
Sykesville
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all for your advice; I posted my question on Z-man's FB page and got a reply within an hour and an email from customer service in two. Apparently they sent me a replacement deck about a week ago. Depending on the whim of the APO system, I may see it in a week or so.

Thanks, Z-man! Another win for great customer service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kranzel
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have my original-artwork decks, which are in reasonable shape. If anyone needs the whole deck, or some of the cards, feel free to geekmail me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalinda Patton
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sgtstens wrote:
Thanks to all for your advice; I posted my question on Z-man's FB page and got a reply within an hour and an email from customer service in two. Apparently they sent me a replacement deck about a week ago. Depending on the whim of the APO system, I may see it in a week or so.

Hello Tom,

I'm glad your issue was addressed rapidly today, and I am truly sorry you had not received an answer earlier.

Hopefully your new cards will arrive soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meredyth
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info! I have been waiting to hear about a missing piece from a game for almost 5 weeks with no information. I just posted on Facebook, so I will hopefully be able to play with black! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sgtstens wrote:

It shipped a week ago and you expect it a week from now? APO mail to Germany seems to be better than mail to Greenland. Part of that might be because the guys at McGuire like to randomly send some of our mail on a detour to Germany or Azores for a while before it gets here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom S.
United States
Sykesville
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends; sometimes we've had things take as much as 2-3 months to get here, but small packages tend to get here faster.

FYI, I got my replacement cards a few days ago, an English deck to boot. Thanks Z-Man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.