Hide
7 Posts

Letters from Whitechapel» Forums » Rules

Subject: Jack's movements rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
khash Afshar
msg tools
I just played this game once or twice for the first time with my wife and we thought that Jack had an unfair advantage. I just want to make sure that we understood the rules correctly.

1. Jack is allowed 15 total movements for the WHOLE game right? Not each day.

2. At the end of every night, does Jack disappear into the night and allowed to re-emerge anywhere the following night?

3. Is Jack allowed to have more than one regular movement per turn?

4. Does Jack have to go back to his hideout at the end of each night? If yes, what does he do if he doesn't make it?

5. Does Jack have to make his way to the next night's victim? Or does he appear there when he decides the killer? I.e. does he use movement to get to the victims?

I think that does it for now. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I'm FREEeeee..ee..e..e...
mbmbmbmbmb
1. 15 moves each day. Then it resets.

2. He can re-emerge anywhere there is a red circle, as long as it hasn't already been the site of a murder.

3. No, you can't move more than once per turn unless you use a carriage.

4. Yes Jack must return to his hideout each night. If he doesn't make it, he loses.

5. No you don't have to move to the location. Jack appears at location of the murder and starts from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckhazard wrote:

He may have more than 15 if he waits before killing.

Quote:
2. He can re-emerge anywhere there is a red circle, as long as it hasn't already been the site of a murder.

If he waits before killing, the victim may no longer be on a red circle, in which case he kills and re-emerges on the white space the victim occupies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
khash Afshar
msg tools
chuckhazard wrote:

4. Yes Jack must return to his hideout each night. If he doesn't make it, he loses.

5. No you don't have to move to the location. Jack appears at location of the murder and starts from there.

Thanks for the answers. So I have some follow-up questions: So, Jack picks his victim, emerges on her location, then must use 15 steps to get back to his hideout before the end of the night?

Also, on the fourth night, does the game end when I get back to my hideout, or do the investigators have the chance to flush me out once I'm in?

Last question: do the investigators each move then ask for clue/make an arrest? Or do all the investigators move, and once everyone is done moving, they ask for clues, etc.

Thanks again for the help! I appreciate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fornoggg wrote:
chuckhazard wrote:

Thanks for the answers. So I have some follow-up questions: So, Jack picks his victim, emerges on her location, then must use 15 steps to get back to his hideout before the end of the night?

Yes (up to 15 or more if he waited before killing).

Quote:
Also, on the fourth night, does the game end when I get back to my hideout, or do the investigators have the chance to flush me out once I'm in?

Jack wins as soon as he reaches his hideout with a normal move.

Quote:
Last question: do the investigators each move then ask for clue/make an arrest? Or do all the investigators move, and once everyone is done moving, they ask for clues, etc.

All the investigators move in turn, then they each search/arrest after all movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
fornoggg wrote:

Yes the kill spot is Jacks initial starting location. However, on night 3 he moves from the second kill spot, but the detectives move first.

Quote:

Each night ends immediately when you declare you are 'home'. You can however end your move on your hideout, and not declare you are home. In this instance you must move again on your next turn, and return on a subsequent turn.

Quote:

All the police move, then they ask for clues in turn order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are all good points made above, but I would also advice you to read through the rulebook once more. You will find that many of your questions are clearly answered in the rules and all the rules will make much more sense now that you have tried the game a few times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.