United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mbmb
Now that we've got the rulebook, and the game feels closer than ever to getting to me (funny how time works), I want even more info!

Towards the end of the rulebook, there's quite a few content contributors listed. I even see Mr. Skeletor shown there. Are you folks allowed to share what your role was in fleshing out this game? Want to spill the beans? What mark did you leave on Shadows of Brimstone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Crawford - Greybeard
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this isn't what you intended the thread to be for, but I didn't KS. Could you point me in the direction of the rulebook pretty please?

Thank you.

Edit: N/M... Scroll through the rest of my subscriptions and found the thread. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aside from the money, you mean? Nobody from FFP has told us that we're under NDA or anything, so I don't mind telling you what I've shared!

First of all, I backed the game twice, and selected both "vanity pledge" levels, Mapmaker and Wanted. For the Mapmaker level, I get my name on a map (surprisingly!) that is to be included in the game, though from my brief trawl through the rulebook I've found no actual reference to a map as yet. Anyway, somewhere on this map there will be a feature with the name "Griff" on it - that's me.

For the Wanted pledge level, my likeness will be used as a background character. I sent them a picture of me wearing my fez, so yeah. I've not seen it in the rulebook, but I imagine that both of these things will be in the Adventure Books that have been mentioned.

I feel really arrogant and vain now, but yeah... Suffice it to say, I had already over-pledged in my minecart level already, so thought it might be fun to support what looks like it'll turn into my favourite game in this manner. For over £2500, I suppose I wanted something more than just lots of game! Anyway...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mbmb
I'll head out to Griff, AZ, as soon as we find it on the map and have a bonfire in your honor.

At least you didn't back one of the vanity pledges for Up Front. From what I'm seeing over in those forums, PFC Price may never see combat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
I just did mapmaker, so "La Terra" should appear on there somewhere. Hopefully it's the name of the hardest mine in the game so I can spiritually kick all of your asses.
But like Mark I have no idea what this map is - hope its not just an image on the website!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
But like Mark I have no idea what this map is - hope its not just an image on the website!

I'm guessing it'll be in the adventure books and/or on the map pieces themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
Griff was also the name of an American TV show staring Lorne Greene. Since Lorne Greene also played Ben Cartwright, and the Drifter's last name is always Cartwright, the name of the Drifter in SOBS will be Griff Cartwright. Remember you read it here first. zombie

Edit: Spelling x2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just got a little excited when I headed to dvang's uploading video on youtube and found my name on the map! Eeeee!

For those of you interested, I'm in the top right corner, on the road into Brimstone. Nice!

The video, incidentally, is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uziIYzJm5Rg

Now all I need to find is me in my fez...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Looks like I'm the biggest mountain in the game. As I should be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.