Subject: Cardhaus 5% rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maciek U
United States
Cromwell
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Has anyone else had experience with this at CardHaus?

On their pre-orders they advertise the following in red under the item listing:

ALL BOARDGAME PREORDERS RECEIVE AN ADDITIONAL 5% OFF OUR ALREADY DISCOUNTED PRICES.

So I pre-ordered thinking that additional 5% would be taken off the already discounted price. After all, they show the original and discounted prices next to their items.

But at the time of purchase, I didn't see the 5% being calculated. So I contacted them, asking when will it be calculated. At the time of delivery??

They responded saying, and I quote:

Quote:
Our 5% discount is already reflected into the price you pay.

What??

If that's the case shouldn't that message in red say that 5% is ALREADY INCLUDED in the price??! Otherwise it's false advertising, since it sounds like I'll be getting ADDITIONAL discount, which I'm not.

I replied to them that they should change the message, because it's misleading.

Anyone else experience this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had assumed it was already reflected in the price... because it would be difficult to have canned software (http://www.crystalcommerce.com/ in this case) to be able to do that to individual items in someone's cart

but I could see how it could be confusing... I don't think they meant to be misleading... unlike minuature market who likes to call MRSP the "regular" price vs. their regular price... and I told them multiple times and so they blocked me from being able to comment on their facebook posts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bishop
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always felt their site to be pretty clear in how this works. Maybe this is because I'm usually shopping for items that are part of a line, so I can clearly see that the preorders cost less than the in-stock items despite having identical MSRPs. Or maybe it's an innate ability to see whether a number is equal to or less than 2/3 MSRP?

:edit: Anyway, their statement is true. You are getting a further discount on top of their normal price for the item. I understand that a customer who's unfamiliar with the product or the seller may not know what the normal price there is, so I can see some confusion, but it is certainly not false advertising.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
unlike minuature market who likes to call MRSP the "regular" price vs. their regular price... and I told them multiple times and so they blocked me from being able to comment on their facebook posts

Wow, you "Hot Deal Police" merchants' Facebook pages? Holy crap, man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason

Las Vegas
Nevada
msg tools
What did the difference come to, before and after you calculated an extra 5% off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toby
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just looking at their prices on in stock items vs. pre-orders from a given manufacturer it's always been apparent to me that the discount is built in to the pre-order price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciek U
United States
Cromwell
Connecticut
flag msg tools
When I buy anything I look at the price advertised or displayed. If there's a discount, meaning the price is crossed off and another price listed next to it. You got my attention. But then when you say "additional discount" on top of discounted prices, then that means I'm getting even a better deal, so I expect additional discount OFF the discounted price.

But when I come to register and I'm being told that the "additional discount" is already in price, then that's misleading. How do I know if it's in or not?? If it's in already, don't advertise "additional discount", because that throws people off, because I don't calculate what, who paid for, how, before the price that is currently listed. All I care about is the final price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could be worded better, but it's hard to bitch about the best prices on the internet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greengow wrote:
ALL BOARDGAME PREORDER Prices Reflect AN ADDITIONAL 5% OFF OUR ALREADY DISCOUNTED PRICES.

If this is not what you suggested, please feel free to send that suggestion. It is much clearer this way, imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciek U
United States
Cromwell
Connecticut
flag msg tools
It's true, internet prices are best. That is why I'm not complaining, strictly because I didn't get additional discount. It was the message that was misleading. And if it's misleading, it should't be shown that way.

I didn't suggest any message they should display. I asked them to change it, because it wasn't clear to me and potentially to anyone else that would be buying and would misunderstand that message the way I misunderstood it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.