United States
Highland
UT
flag msg tools
To play is human; to win, divine.
badge
There is no shame in losing, if you remain unafraid to play again. -Losers
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the base game for a few years. I've always had the expansion, but just got around to reading the rules.

One thing I love about the base game is how difficult it can be to acquire the Tribune, and how the only two paths to the Tribune can be blocked by experienced opponents a good deal of the time.

If the Tribunis Plebis allows you to get the Tribune merely by owning any two factions, it seems like it would make it too easy to get the Tribune.

Any thoughts on this from people who've played with the expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Alexandria Bay
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that it makes Tribune more accessible, so it's probable that our preferences simply don't align.
It is still costly to get Tribune (note that you get Tribunis Plebis in turn N and Tribune in N+1, so you need to hold the two factions AND give up both their faction bonuses), though. It brings Tribune somewhat closer to the other victory conditions in terms of difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.