BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » Ontario

Subject: Any upcoming no-ship Ottawa area math trades? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Beliveau
Canada
flag msg tools
mb

I have Galaxy Trucker anniversary addition that I am looking to trade (only played twice, wasn't a hit with my wife and we play 90% of our games just the two of us) and since it is gigantic I am wary of joining any of the Canada wide ones. I know there are a few cons coming up, but having just been in the hobby for 7-8 months I don't know all the specifics around them. Any insight is appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe P
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i'd be up for another math trade as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Shabatowski
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I would like to participate as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jana Wazowski
Canada
Kanata
On
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
me too - i'd be interested as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tock
Canada
Renfrew
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Count me in too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris saman
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No ship math trade? Yes please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about this recently and I would definitely like to participate as well. I was wondering if a good time to make the trade happen would be during the Game Summit in September?

http://www.gamesummit.ca/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imaginary Thomas
Canada
Russell
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.

Anything you're looking for to trade for Galaxy tucker? Ive had my eye on it for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Beliveau
Canada
flag msg tools
mb

I don't have anything particular in mind, just something that has to play well with two. To give you an idea, we like low confrontation games, but a good theme is a huge plus. My collection is up to date in my profile. Things that I have been eyeing for a while:

-Robinson Crusoe
-Manhattan Project
-CO2

Make any offer you think fits and we can go from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tock
Canada
Renfrew
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How exactly does a math trade work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe P
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, the organizer of the math trade creates a geeklist where people can add games they have up for trade within a certain time period.

Once the "add games" period is over, we switch over to other site http://olwlg.activityclub.org/ where the game information is extracted from the geeklist, and we fill in a form where we mark off in a grid what games we're interested in and what we're willing to part with to get it.

Once the "wishlist" period is over, some computer science magic takes over and calculates the trade "chain" that will make the most people happy. Then we all show up with our X number of games on the designated day in the designated place, give them to X number of people that are suppose to get them, and receive X number of games in return.

here's the video tutorial thread:
Math Trade Tutorial Thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heffernan
Canada
Perth
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Pernal
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are willing to make the drive down to Montreal, the next no ship math trade information is below. There is usually 1000+ items and a well organized trade.

willythesnitch wrote:

Hi everybody,

Around this time of year, I usually get a whole bunch of emails asking when the next math trade will be, so I will try to stay ahead of the game this year and tell you all ahead of time.

The trade will open August 15th and end August 29th. The actual trade will happen either Saturday Sept. 6th or Sept. 13th once I work out all of the details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Galloway
Canada
Lansdowne
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An Ottawa math trade would be a good chance for me to offload grudgingly part with Tide of Iron and LOTR Risk. I'm subscribing to this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Braden Green
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vast Aire is running another Math Trade which can be found at the link below:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/176785/canadian-math-trade...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Beliveau
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I saw this, but suspect that the cost of shipping may be an issue for me, Galaxy Trucker is a monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imaginary Thomas
Canada
Russell
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In canada shipping is pretty reasonable. I just got Ogre Designers edition shipped from montreal to ottawa for $25 and it's 20 x 26 x 6 and 28 lbs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Beliveau
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I plan on measuring it tonight and getting a quote from Canada post before deciding on that one. I just learned Games Summit has a Boardgame Garage Sale booth during the conference in September, so that may also be an option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still prefer local to shipping. Ship 5+ games out to different places, and now you're looking at a ton of money essentially down the drain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
I still prefer local to shipping. Ship 5+ games out to different places, and now you're looking at a ton of money essentially down the drain.

Well your presumeably getting games you value enough for it so it's not really down the drain. Also there are more trades that happen in the shipping trades.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now&info

This link is a good one to get good shipping prices with canada post. Use the expedited parcel for the best prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apocalyp wrote:
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:

Well your presumeably getting games you value enough for it so it's not really down the drain. Also there are more trades that happen in the shipping trades.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now&info

This link is a good one to get good shipping prices with canada post. Use the expedited parcel for the best prices.

I know that Solamnus mentioned it earlier, but I'd like to officially invite anyone who would be able to make the trip to Montreal to join in the no-ship math trade in Montreal.

Our last trade had almost 1500 items and 400 trades. No-ship trades often get a better trade percentage as people are more likely to have more items on their wantlist as they do not need to take shipping into account.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tock
Canada
Renfrew
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm still very interested in a math trade. I'll be going to the game summit in September. Someone had mentioned holding it there. does that sound like a good idea to others?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Tock wrote:
I'm still very interested in a math trade. I'll be going to the game summit in September. Someone had mentioned holding it there. does that sound like a good idea to others?

As long as it's done in the lobby and not behind closed doors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.