Popular Tags: [View All]
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
EU-friendly Kickstarters rule!
badge
"The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world."
mbmbmbmbmb
I *love* the way the Among the Stars universe looks, and from all the revealed tidbits, New Dawn is again going to deliver in spades. So I thought I might as well gather some of the coolest art pieces already shown, which right now are scattered in several places (BGG, main KS page, updates, etc), and get them in a centralized place. You're welcome to contribute!

d10-1 First up is the game box art, here in the Geek:

d10-2 The Experimental Weapon Facility, also in the Geek, which has a cousin in Among the Stars:

d10-3 This imposing building was revealed in Update 1.

d10-4 The U-Cannon, an Hostile facility from Update 2.

d10-5 Four more facilities from Update 3: USC Corp, Terraforming Satellites, Deep Space Surveyor, and Sissaurian Scopedome. (A closeup of Terraforming Satellites is in Update 4).

d10-6 Also from Update 3, three Aid to the Alliance ships. I love that these ships are all unique!

d10-7 Asteroid Colony, from Update 5.

d10-8 Garrn'Athak'Nok Peacekeeper, from Update 6, which looks just like the Mechon from Xenoblade Chronicles.

d10-9 Some glorious hi-res art from the main project page:

First one is likely an Aid to the Alliance ship. The third and the fifth are hi-rez versions of the Sissaurian Scopedome and Experimental Weapon Facility facilities. No idea what the 2nd and 4th are, but I'm eager to find out!

d10-1d10-0 First addition: a sneak peek of the Strategic Command faclity that Artipia revealed back in January (link). The overall functions have changed, but the art is awesome nonetheless. Note - disregard the card layout, as it has changed significantly in the current incarnation of the game!

d10-1d10-1 Guess what, the Facebook page of Artipia Games has even more ND-related art pieces which haven't made it to the project page yet

Of those two, I'm sure that the first fits perfectly in the current incarnation of the game as an explored facility. I'm not 100% convinced about the second, though - I seem to recall that planets were among facility types at some point, which would fit, but maybe they have been removed?

d10-1d10-2 A Google Image Search has unearthed this ZBrushCentral forum post with lots of goodies by the game artist:

Negotiation Vessel:

Alliance:

Orbiting Colony:

Science Conglomerate (now USC Corp):

Annihilator (now Garrn'Athak'Nok Peacekeeper):

Border Outpost (now Asteroid Colony):

d10-1d10-3 Image uploaded in Artipia's blog:

d10-1d10-4 Image uploaded in the "final hours" announcement here in the New Dawn forums (according to the image description, it's the Ambassadorial Flagship):

d10-1d10-5 And another preview in a recent backers-only update:

d10-1d10-6 NEK JR-I Cargo Ship, from 3pod's gallery:

d10-1d10-7 Two more images from KS updates:

If you want even more, in the "Stretch Rewards" graphic of the project page (link to the hi-res graphic four new facilities, plus three Stations, are hinted at, and the "Stretch Rewards 2" graphic
(link to the hi-res graphic) also teases eight new facilities.

I hope you enjoyed this little compilation, and this game is going to look AWESOME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
badge
"The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world."
mbmbmbmbmb
Edited to add d10-1d10-0 - a sneak peek of the Strategic Command location that I found while snooping around in Artipia's Twitter account. (I recalled having seen that somewhere!)

Edit - and now added d10-1d10-1 from Facebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Dixon
United States
Herndon
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if that strategic command is the same in the game still it looks different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ekalbs wrote:
I wonder if that strategic command is the same in the game still it looks different.

The functionality (numbers, icons, and the like) is likely different. It seems like Artipia has significantly streamlined the cards, which is welcome - the January version seems to have a bit too much going on as compared with the current cards.

I would be very surprised if the overall art and concept wasn't used, though - it looks amazing, and the ability (get resources for # of controlled locations of a given type) seems straightforward and solid. Also, I seem to recall having seen the art somewhere, although I can't quite put my finger on it right now. I have been following Artipia for quite a while, so perhaps I just saw it on Twitter when it was posted.

Edit - figured it out - it was in BGG (if you search for "New Dawn Strategic Command" in Google it comes up as a search result, although the image has been deleted). It was likely taken down when Artipia tried to remove images of the previous incarnations of the game to avoid confusing people. I should probably add a note warning of the fact that the card layout has changed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Christiansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing art... I think my favourites are The Experimental Weapons Facility and the city in the asteroid belt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I particularly like the Strategic Command, the "bubble city", and the Asteroid Colony

Edit - also, the Floating City hinted at in the "Stretch Rewards 2" graphic also seems to be particularly cool, although a hi-res version would be very much welcome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New update at d10-1d10-2 - A Google Image Search has unearthed this ZBrushCentral forum post with lots of goodies by the game artist, including hi-res version of previously revealed art. Check it out in the thread or in the OP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Dixon
United States
Herndon
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andvaranaut wrote:
New update at d10-1d10-2 - A Google Image Search has unearthed this ZBrushCentral forum post with lots of goodies by the game artist, including hi-res version of previously revealed art. Check it out in the thread or in the OP!

Real good find!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 70k SG update teases another 4 locations. One of them is the "imposing building" (d10-3), which is the Ministry of Commerce.

Link to the full size image: https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/002/353/797/8ff1b286d896...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New image (d10-1d10-3) uploaded in Artipia's blog:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two new catches added:

d10-1d10-4 Image uploaded in the "final hours" announcement here in the New Dawn forums (edit - according to the image description, it's the Ambassadorial Flagship):

d10-1d10-5 And another preview in a recent backers-only update:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Three more:

d10-1d10-6 NEK JR-I Cargo Ship, from 3pod's gallery:

d10-1d10-7 Two more images from KS updates:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.